New Lifan LF160F

Fisher1983

Hi OldMiniBikes,

It's been a long time since I've been on. Sadly I had to sell my Baja Racer (divorce.) But, I picked up a new engine the other day at the local Lumberjack so eventually I'll do another bike. Lumberjack had a clearance on their small engines so I got a Lifan LF160 4HP dirt cheap....83 dollars out the door. It's a 2012 model but brand new, never used, never had oil or gas in it, shelf queen. At that price I couldn't not get it, mini bike to stuff it in or not! Who else has used the Lifan 4hp? Theres a few things about it....it has a catalytic convertor. Seriously. There's a one way valve on the exhaust muffler that pulls fresh air in and funnels it to a TWC inside the muffler shell. Second, the throttle linkage has no cable attachments and it was hitting the fuel shut off valve. So it'll need a few tweaks. But I'm hoping someone has used them with great success...the last clone I did was my Hemi Predator. Will all the GX120 parts and mods fit? And....this is huge to me...is the GX120 exhaust flange the same as a GX160-200? I found a pipe I like and hope it fits. I'll post pics of the engine tomorrow.

Fisher1983

Hey Cheezy!! Yeah, divorce....long story but me and the little one are doing just fine. You ever use one of these Lifan 4hp's for one of your old builds?

Hey Cheezy!! Yeah, divorce....long story but me and the little one are doing just fine. You ever use one of these Lifan 4hp's for one of your old builds?
Good to hear you and your youngin are doing well. And nope...I built a couple GX 4HPs. Not sure if the parts interchange like the larger HP motors...but there are quite a few upgrades out there in the past few years.

Fisher1983

A couple sites suggest GX160 goodies fit, I guess I'll just try it out. I'm mainly concerned with a pipe...I won't be doing any internal parts on this one. Air filter adapters and carb jetting is easy stuff...pipes arent.

Fisher1983

Update: Some parts sites say GX160 stuff fits (like pipes or exhaust flanges.) I found a pipe I like that I might try. Meanwhile I took the tins off for paint and tried a new color I think looks ace....still have to disassemble and paint the pullstart cover but i'll post the other pics tonight after work!!

Fisher1983

Finished the repaint and assembly today. All I need now is to build an exhaust. I love this color and will use it on all my engines from now on. 20160212_144948[1].jpg