New Member - Tote Gote Restomod

New to the site as of today:thumbsup: Attached are some pics of the Gote my Small Gas Engine students and I restored this semester. They would love to see them on your web site!

She is just about done, just waiting on a decal set. We also need front brake shoes, front fork suspension tube caps, and axle seals/caps for both the front and rear wheels. Any sources for this stuff that you could hook us up with?

Not sure why but belt does not slip as it should when at idle. Any ideas why? She wants to creep forward unless brakes are applied to stop her. Could be wrong type of belt?

FYI: Stripped four coats of paint, layed down a temporary coat primer and safety red paint. Power coating is next. The seat is a custom fab, we made new front and back tin, fabed a tin box for the spring loaded front bracket, fabed a exhaust system, added the old school tank, new brake levers & cables, new foot pegs, replaced old screen with aluminum expanded metal, moded the jack shaft brake and replaced the old flat head with a newly built 206cc OHV Briggs.

Frank M,
Owner, Restorer
Tulare HS Small Gas Engines Instructor
Tulare, California

Welcome to the site and thanks for teaching our youngsters. Nice job on the Gote and I'm certain that 40 years from now many of your students will look back on their classroom experience with fond memories. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Fred

Welcome Frank : The OldMiniBikes as a group is hear to help you and your students. I think it's so great to see a shop class taking on a project like this. All you need is another project to keep the interest rolling.
Steve :scooter:

As for front brake shoes, that looks like a schwinn drum brake. Those have become very collectable. The prices have been driven sky high. If you can find shoes, be prepared to pay $100 or more. See if a local brake shop can rivet some brake material to your existing shoes.

zeeman

Nice work. I wish I had taken a class like that back in HS. It would probably take me a lot less time to figure things out now. Welcome to OldMiniBikes

If you are running some new modern motor like that, the crank shaft more than likely does not land in the same spot, causing the belt to fit a little too tightly, could be causing the belt to grab at idle.. The idle could possibly be a bit too high.. Pullies not aligned quite right.. Theres a few things that can cause your belt to act up..