New needs assitance identifying carb...

...on an old Tecumseh motor. Really odd looking. Wish to replace it with something more modern and reliable, if possible. Please see attached photos. Bike is a Fox Street Scamp. There are NO markings ANYWHERE! Anxious to return the help anytime.

markus

Thank you. Can you suggest a replacement?
you can update it to the slanted intake and then run a float bowl carb pretty easily, anything else is going to be a custom deal and you will then have to contend with trying to clear the exhaust system.

Here is the intake you need:
http://blackwidowmotorsports.net/_33301t_slanted_intake_manifold.html

then you just need and adjustable tecumseh float bowl carb and it will look like this when its all done:

you wont gain anything from it, the float bowl will be a little more forgiving with debris in fuel but that about it. the stock carb you have were actually pretty good, they need to be in good working order (tight shafts good seals in the intake etc), and they don't tolerate any type of dirt in the fuel since there is nowhere for it to go but through the jets and passages! but they may even have a little quicker responce than the floatbowls when working good.

WOW! That is the slickest way to go! I didn't really feel the diaphragm manner was going to be dirty fuel tolerant. I'm going shopping now and can NOT than you enough!

WOW! That is the slickest way to go! I didn't really feel the diaphragm manner was going to be dirty fuel tolerant. I'm going shopping now and can NOT than you enough!
No need to replace that carb as perform well, are very dependable and easy to rebuild/service. As far as your concern about not being "dirty fuel tolerant" install a simple in-line fuel filter, which you SHOULD have on ANY carb.
Michael

The carb in the picture is one of two version.
Its the better one of the two because it has an adjustable low side and high side.

Its not a bad carb, you just need to know how to work on them and tune them ( a lot like tilllotson only more trouble to adjust the pop off presure ).

Like all techumseh products quality leaves a lot to be desired ( all over the place )

Lauson Power Products was a maker of premium quality small engines.
Most of the better stuff Tech sold was decended from these engines.

Eventualy Tech dragged the Lawson name down to their level however.....

Now seeking natural Replacement for Fox 2 speed clutch

They just don't exist. Does anyone have any experience utilizing a modern clutch assembly, single speed or not, or a belt (max torque) at all?