New Predator 212cc Leak

Just put a brand new 212 on my doodle bug and noticed oil splatter coming out from the crank case where the shaft comes out. The oil is making it's way into the clutch and is being tossed all over the bike and my pants leg.

I filled with with 10w30 per the instructions and maybe have 15 minutes on the motor. I know its not coming from the chain and the clutch (both new and clean).

Do I go through the hassle and try and exchange it? Do I let it break in more?

What are your thoughts?

trinik7597

What kind of chain ?? Rlv throws a lot of oil even though it looks clean when it is new ... I have seen preds leak from the side cover when new because the bolts were too long to seal the case . but never saw one with a bad crank seal

I do know that a new chain will spray grease on the inside of the clutch cover. If your sure it is from the engine, I would take it back and get a new one sooner than later.

I know it's not from the chain and I double-checked the oil level today. The oil is a few threads from the top.

I was afraid that everyone would suggest taking it back.:sad:

I took the clutch off today and let it run for 30+ minutes - varying the throttle to really break it in. I will put it back together to see if there is any change and if there's any leaking, I'll take it back after Christmas.

Just put a brand new 212 on my doodle bug and noticed oil splatter coming out from the crank case where the shaft comes out.
What are your thoughts?
This is easy - TAKE IT BACK for an exchange. We have taken back to HF engines that were "duds".
Michael

Ran it one last time after trying to break it in more...still leaked like crazy. Emptied the fluids and exchanged it yesterday. Fingers crossed that this new one works.

I'll post some pics when it's back together.