new to me tote goat

tote6.jpg tote7.jpg tote8.jpg tote9.jpg
I bought this tote goat Saturday, we did crank it, it runs pretty badly, and I have a pretty bad gas leak somewhere after the breather, tires don't hold air, and handle bars are bent. Im planning on tearing her down and completely redoing her, if Im up to the task. IM sure Ill have a lot of questions so please bare with me. IM not sure the year or model of the bike, but I freaking like it.

First question it seems to have some friction somewhere even when you push it its like something is rubbing in the clutch area, any sugestions

You found a Tote Gote model 665. It was the first 'chain drive' gote with rear suspension. I bet your bowl float is stuck on the carb. Tote Gotes were always hard to push, the belt drags through the clutch. It's best not to push them.

thanks Richard I see now you said 1965 Well the work started today, removing rear shocks,wheel,swing arm, the tank, and forward seat, everything I start to take apart seems to have a little hitch to it, a rounded bolt, a broken bolt, or my favorite the bolt that spins but doesn't go anywhere. tote12.jpg tote11.jpg tote10.jpg