New to OldMiniBikes needing help

Well I'm starting a stretched drag chopper and need help with the engine. It's a gx200 and I'm wanting to gather a solid parts list.. I'm wanting to run alky but I'm having a hard time determining what parts to use. I'm trying to get the most HP I can without completely breaking the bank so any help is appreciated.

Welcome from alabama also. Roll Tide! Well the first place to start is a billet rod and flywheel, I prefer the arc flywheel, the make an adjustable one for 75 mor but I just lapped my flywheel to the crank and don't use a key. Then get a cam, shave the head and flat top piston to bump up compression, next would be port the head and upgrade to a mikuni vm22 and. Forgot to mention upgrade the pushrods and 26lb springs and some oversized ss valves. I'm using a 274 cam which is pretty mild for what you want I'm sure. This is getting close to your spending limit, but a set of rockers billet rockers would be another good coice for 90 dollars. Obviously rollers would be better bu that would put you over 700 dollars. Obviosly you will want to get a header and an aftermarket filter and you will need a manifold to mount the mikuni to the head. All this stuff is available here from OldMiniBikes warehouse and nr racing.

this is my idea for the motor.. .30 over flat top piston with a 3.323" billet rod, gx160 head with large valves (28.5/26?) milled .50, bored tilly alky carb, isky .310 cam with compression release, 1.3 rockers new pushrods and 40lb valve springs,and a arc billet flywheel.. im sure i missed some stuff but if anyone has any tweeks to my setup id appreciate it im sure im not going to come in under $700 but i think i'd be worth it, also if anyone knows about what hp/rpms this setup will run id like to find out. thanks

No Key????

Hey Pickupman6, did you say you Lapped your Flywheel and Don't use a Key? How do you keep your timing set, doesn't it have a tendency to shift on the crank? I've had keys shear off during a good backfire and I can't imagine one holding position assembled your way. Enlighten me would you?

Eagle