OHH6hp PowerSport questions

Hey, would anyone know the valve specs or gaps for this engine OHH 6hp powersport motor. Specifically the intake and exhaust valve lash?

Also,the coil resistance readings if they exists.

these are the only written specifications i have ever found for the tecumseh powersports.

Batman hop-up kit from DARE motorsports 4-cycle engine hopup kits

click the link on the left "engine specs".
That's a cool site I hope that the specs for the 5hp are the same for the 6hp motor I can't see it being any different there very similar motors other than bore and stroke.

It's a shame you can't see any prices on the hop-up parts available.

Thanks, for helping me out.

That's a cool site I hope that the specs for the 5hp are the same for the 6hp motor I can't see it being any different there very similar motors other than bore and stroke.

It's a shame you can't see any prices on the hop-up parts available.

Thanks, for helping me out.
no problem.

yea, ive talked with the guy a few times before, hes knowledgeable about the tecumseh's but from what i understand he doesn't handle his business very well, ive heard of some people who send him money for parts and they never get them and it had been like a year since they sent the money for there parts.

no problem.

yea, ive talked with the guy a few times before, hes knowledgeable about the tecumseh's but from what i understand he doesn't handle his business very well, ive heard of some people who send him money for parts and they never get them and it had been like a year since they sent the money for there parts.
That's not good.:no:

It's weird I set the valve lash and rebuilt the carb and I still seems to blow gas out of the carb and breakup at high speed with no load on the motor.

I think it could be valve float due to high rpm I've heard that before on the stock motors.

Last edited:
if your govenor is still in, then your valves technically shouldn't be floating.

i would say its a carb issue still.
Yeah but the motor is on a test bench with no clutch or pulley. I'm holding the throttle wide open along with the govenor. No springs on the gov it's directly from throttle to govenor via metal clip.

Last edited: