Old Snowblower

rmm727

Got this a couple of months ago, mainly for the 6hp Briggs engine. Was garage kept for some time. Solid rubber AG tires have flat spots in them. Got it out this evening. Pulled the plug and poured some oil down the cylinder. Topped off the oil in the crankcase and turned her over a few times. Checked for spark...had that. Put some fuel in it and put the plug back in. Pulled her over a few more times while it tried to start then the recoil broke. Took off the blower housing and re-wound that. Re-installed and it fired up. Smoke like crazy for about 5 minutes. You can see the oil that came out the head and the carb. The one carb gasket is leaking so I shut off the fuel and ran it dry.

Sounds pretty good, I have the same motor, I used it in a go kart for a short while. They are strong motors. :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldfatguy

can't beat an old snow blower, they are built better and stronger than anything made today. I pick them up anytime that I can for the engines but usually end up fixing them instead.

rmm727

Delray, you were the one with the overdriven snowblower. I remember watching that video before. Pretty cool. This one is probably going to get torn apart for parts. I have no use for it. The one solid rubber tire is falling apart. I mainly got it for the engine but I see that there is a lever on the rear that is basically high/low. I'm not sure how it changes the speeds so I'm gonna look at that and see if its worth keeping too. Its almost a shame but its like a death trap with how you have to turn off the auger. I end up taking the belt off for now. The stock clutch for the auger wouldnt take off enough belt tension for it to slip.