OMG My bike is running ...power is crazy!

Took the first rides on the "enduro mini" today.....:scooter:

HOLY $h!T this engine and 6/1 gearing and 16 inch tires....MAN ...cannot keep the front wheel down! I am shocked!....Its kinda spooky with this much power......unreal.....I think I might re-gear...its soooo touchy :eek:hmy:

12 tooth clutch 72 tooth rear sprocket

Mild engine mods.....

Changed to a adjustable idle needle gx200 carb (clone carb Huayi) then....

1. 140 emulsion tube
2. changed main jet to larger size (9MM .036")
3. homemade exhaust/header
4. autolite racing AR3910X spark plug
5. oil catch can on breather
6. Air filter (K and N knockoff )
7.drilled out idle jet (black plastic one with brass insert) took it to 18-20 thou
8. took resistor out of spark plug boot on engine (screwdriver up inside where plug goes),,,,yes its in there ...looks like a fuse....stretch spring and re-assemble

Last edited:
Hahah its at least 2 gallons.........Im sooooooo happy with how this project turned out.......First mini bike ride in over 20 years........:scooter::thumbsup::drinkup:

I had to scoot my 160 lb @zz up front on the seat!

TomH

My first ride after cloning ended up with me on my back looking up at the sky. I thought about re-gearing, but after I rode it on a paved road, it was fast enough like it was. If I did a lot of pavement riding I would probably go with a lower gear.

You got about 30MPH with your setup, about 35 if you go with a 60 tooth, 1 to 5 ratio. I heard the 140 tube is for low end power.

TomH i would say so.........its a stump puller for sure...... on the hard to handle side.....you grab a handfull of throttle you better have a soft place for your ass to hit.....

TomH

Yeah I like my two. I have a 3.5 Tec project in a DB 30 I have to finish. Curious to see how it runs. I have a clone in a box if I don't like it. Right now I am working on my big truck, getting it ready to sell and after that I can play.

That is a nice build. I like the fuel tank............more riding & less fill-in.

Have you thought about welding a tab for the axle behind the frame? It would be easy to do & I think ya would be surprised how much it would help keep the front end down. Not trying to criticise or anything, just a thought.:shrug:

John

That is a nice build. I like the fuel tank............more riding & less fill-in.

Have you thought about welding a tab for the axle behind the frame? It would be easy to do & I think ya would be surprised how much it would help keep the front end down. Not trying to criticise or anything, just a thought.:shrug:

John
Never thought too John....good idea....

I think after today ,by the way it feels like i'm stuck in second gear....I could go up on clutch teeth with no problems....running down the road it unloads and is so jumpy to throttle blips....maybe I am just not used to it ....

Im only 160 lbs so .....

I'm gonna get a clutch sprocket (with more than 12 teeth) and see what that does.......

Im very happy with it. Don't get me wrong.........just wanna calm it a touch...to protect my hide hahaha

oldfatguy

can you put a 60 tooth sprocket on it ? that will give you a bit more top end and should tame the low end power a little. Another thing to try is to play with the throttle lever ratio so that it take a longer twist on the throttle to get full throttle. It might help it not to be so touchy if you can slow down the opening rate. I bet you feel 20 years younger after that first ride.

Yes i do feel 20 years younger......throttle rate ...good idea.....(we use those tricks on model airplane linkages)......Yea i can go with a 60 tooth ....but then I have to tear the whole rear end and the wheel apart to change it (drag) .....the pressed hub is through bolted to nuts hidden in the split rim......to get them out its take off the tire time ....(unless the other wheel half holds the nuts in place?)

You sound like I did after my first ride in a five years. I am glad it came together for you.

I like my 72 tooth sprocket it makes the ride fun. I don't need to do 40 and the neighbors think of that bike as some kind of mini Ninja after riding it.

Last edited: