? on adjusting governer

My kids have a new db30 and they already want it to go faster! I am looking into the 6.5 clones at harbor freight but until then i would like to know a few tricks to make the stock 2.5 a little faster! Please refer me to any links or discussions on making this model a little faster.It will be a few weeks until we pick up the 6.5!:thumbsup:

Hi!!

Please take a few moments and look around the site a bit more, youll get faster(and better) answers than if you repost questions that have been asked and answered already on this forum. You will probably have to do some digging, I am new, and it takes me a while to find stuff.....but youll find it.:scooter:Please see below for the relevant thread.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/b...-just-bought-doodle-bug-not-enough-power.html

Thanks!

curmudgeon_mini

the discussions are pretty much all over

My kids have a new db30 and they already want it to go faster! I am looking into the 6.5 clones at harbor freight but until then i would like to know a few tricks to make the stock 2.5 a little faster! Please refer me to any links or discussions on making this model a little faster.It will be a few weeks until we pick up the 6.5!:thumbsup:
But here's a few tricks:

1. More air in the tires or replace with one bigger. Our stock db came with 14.5 diameter tires. Walmart has a 15" diameter turf saver II tire for $20. You may as well be checking for tires if anyone over 150# is going to be doing road riding. Our stock tires lasted 3-4hrs.
2. back out the rpm screw/ some call it the governor screw one encased with a spring that stops the throttle lever.
3. Adjust your carberutor should be in the manual
4. For around $30-40 you can replace the rear sprocket to a smaller size. Our stock sprocket has 70t replaced with a 64t and noticeably faster. Lots of places have these online or even ebay. I believe the sprocket bore size is approximately 1.48 inches. We used a 1.5" bore
5. Wear old crappy shoes and push hard:thumbsup:

OR email me for my 20% harbor freight coupon and go straight to the 6.5 CYclone blue devil engine.

4. For around $30-40 you can replace the rear sprocket to a smaller size. Our stock sprocket has 70t replaced with a 64t and noticeably faster. Lots of places have these online or even ebay. I believe the sprocket bore size is approximately 1.48 inches. We used a 1.5" bore

it should also be noted that doing that will hurt the acceleration but you will get a bit more top speed out of it.