One of my dream bikes found today.

Sensation chopper. how do I get all the powder coating off? The brake doesn't touch the back wheel either. Need a taller tire and the rim seems to be a little thin. . I am thinking a slick is my best worst choice (the slick looks best and the grip on the scrub brake worst?) but my choice has been made. Damn powder coating did not miss anything. I would like a light on this without a battery how do I make that happen? I know the light is not original but I end up riding late . I also want it to climb steep hills in my neighborhood. Horsepower suggestions? Clutch suggestions? I would like to purchase a built engine for this. Who is good and has a warranty. Gotta start ordering stuff soon. Yes it's in my kitchen.

Attachments

Whats up Thad! I've used Eastwood powder coat remover before but one aeresol can barely did a sprocket and was expensive!! I've heard high heat and scraping after heating works on powdercoat but have not tried it myself yet!!

Last edited:
Wire brush on a grinder works. Sanding flap pad. Hand held torch helps speed up the process. Is that the bike that was in the CL posting of the forum under bonanza chopper a couple days ago.

A suggestion for the lights is the old style bicycle generator that runs off the rear tire . Bird had them as there lighting kit in the early years on the Runabout . I still put them on my bikes and they work okay as you are moving . For a brake you could use the band brake type on the clutch . That clutch guard might not allow you to do the band brake or allow a torque convertor . Should be interesting riding a chopper off road .
Good Luck on your project .

Thanks everyone! It came from Omaha. The guy was surprised when I told him what it was after I paid him way too much. Did I mention the part about paying way too much? I was scared he would raise the price. after I paid him I told him it was a sensation chopper made in ralston ne. He was surprised and asked how I knew all that! By the way thanks to everyone for the base of knowledge I have gotten from this forum! I am committing some of my finances to a sand blaster this spring along with a pile of other harbor freight fab equipment. The back brake is a scrub brake and I really just need a taller tire. A Wider tire would improve the look and seems to be a necessary improvement because the wheel is offset to one side. If anyone has this model and done this a tire size tip would be appreciated. The ugly crazy looking Chain guard is gone as soon as I get a screwdriver to it. I'm going to go with an off the shelf chain and clutch guard on this one and try to do my best to make it work. I have committed myself to making this my rider for this summer so I will be making what I have here work. I'm thinking about going to go get a predator engine for it today. That I hope will be enough power for now. Oh yeah and it needs a new seat. One with springs and clouds in it. The current one is hard and narrow and only hits the tailbone.

I used to have a sensation chopper just like that one, it was a really cool bike.

I see what looks like a bird lark in the background. Can I ask if that's the original seat on it or if you had it recovered. I have a
Bird lark that I will be restoring soon but the seat needs to be recovered so just curious about yours.

I to have a sensation chopper..They only came in purple is what I have been told. I am in the process of giving it a good cleaning right now. It came with a 3 hp tecumseh from the factory. The predator was to big to fit mine, so I am going to rebuild the factory engine on it.. Will post pics if intrested..Other than the engine missing the shroad and fly wheel, It was unmolested when I found it and I have decided to keep it that way..Good luck with your project.

It's a Sears tarantula not a lark. I was very lucky to find it in such great shape. The seat color is the only difference. Black and white is the Sears and all white is the bird. Pm me for photos if you need them. It's up to you which version you build.