owosso trike help.

I recently acquired an owosso trike roller. Came with motor. However, it is missing a transfer bracket. To connect the engine to the axle! I was hoping somebody had an extra laying arou d that they would sell. If not, could somebody post a few pics of one so i can make one? Any input and help would be appreciated! A little more description.... it should have a pulley on one end and a sprocket on the othee (or in the middle? )
Thanks,
slim

Thanks gumpit. It would be the bracket and shaft that the silver pulley is on.(last picture) this may end up being a custom trike as we have a lot of old racecar parts and go kart parts laying around. As well as a full machine shop. Thanks in advance to any ody else that may be able to help.

Post some pics of yours. There should just be holes where the silver driven unit goes into. In those holes you would put bearings then a jack shaft would go through the silver driven and both bearings. Then there would be a sprocket on the jack shaft between the two bearings which your chain would go from to the rear axle sprocket.

Okay, i should be able to make one of those really easy as long as the bearings holes are stadard size. Ill get some pics next time im at the shop. Also, i am 6 miles from indiana and 15a miles from michigan.

buckeye

Stay away from Meeechigan. Don't want to contaminate ya.

I am originally from the thriving metropolis of Tiffin.:laugh:

For the trike? Do you mean the torque converter pictured on mine or an actual pulley clutch for something else. You won't want a pulley clutch on a trike.

You need the jackshaft. That's what its called. Easly made. Its 5/8". Keyed shaft. Then ya need a tc setup. I got a couple of these. Is yours the street legal version? Serial # on back of the frame?

after doing some looking, the least expensive route I think would be to use a regular small engine clutch with a sprocket on it. I've never been a big fan of belts so I think I am going to do away with it and just use chain and sprockets all the way around. If anybody thinks this is a bad idea, let me know!

You need a torque converter. Small clutches pushing the weight of the rider and the heavier trike with larger tires won't last. Plan on spending about $500 to get yours up and running with the torque converter, engine from harbor freight or engine work on what you have.cables,levers,shipping,time ...ect . Or forget it now and buy something else. Maybe a member would trade you something in a minibike already running for it if you don't want to spend the money.

I am not restoring it by any means, and we have all kinds of stuff laying around from old go karts and race cars and what not. We also have a machine shop full of lathes & mills. And we have a CNC plasma table. So I can make a lot of the parts I need. Besides the torque converter. I'll find a deal on one somewhere I hope. If I have to drop 500 in it, game on. It's gonna be badass when I'm done. Hoping to have it done in about a month. I'll try to get serial number tonight. Thanks again !

You need the jackshaft. That's what its called. Easly made. Its 5/8". Keyed shaft. Then ya need a tc setup. I got a couple of these. Is yours the street legal version? Serial # on back of the frame?

No idea what brand of motor I have. It's an 8 HP with a 1" shaft. Also, I am not completely sure if this is the correct number as they were pretty faded but I am 70% confident that this is the correct serial number. 2652. Also, the holes for the jackshaft bearings measured around 1.810. Does this sound about right ?? And if you have a good TC setup you would be willing to get rid of for a decent price, I would be interested. If not, I'll just grab a new one. Thanks again for all the help guys. Also, if I get my phone working right, I'll get some pics of my sweet hillbilly mini bike !!! haha.

also i went with a chain drive just to be able to ride mine cause i didnt have cash for new tav or to fix my old one, and it went pretty well but you have to make sure the gearing is correct. i think that if you have the cash a torque converter is the way to go though

the only vid i can find right now this is my brother who weighs more than i and i weigh 250

also switched to 18inch tires

Last edited: