Pacesetter three wheeler

Scored this gem off cl!!It actually is a commutor,when pacesetter sold out,Commutor Industries bought all the parts for these,I believe thats how it goes.
The pacesetters came with tecs,this has a 341 cc kawasaki,super heavy duty salsbury clutch system.Somebody was asking the belt number awhile back.It is salsbury belt # 704142.
Got this jem home last night and started this morning.They had the throttle and gov springs messed up.After some tuning,this thing runs at least 40 and gets there quick!!Went out riding with a buddy he was on my 200 big red.This thing went thrugh creeks with about2 and a half foot water and mud.Pulled hills that big red struggeled kepping the front wheel on the ground.And i weigh about 260!!!Just an impresive machine.

And these pics are after mudding and creek ride.I havent even cleaned it from when i bought it.

I came very close to buying this, it was quite close and priced right but I have a super Tryke that needs brake work and another low seat position one that needs everything. Mark, you scored my friend. Bigtime I'd say and the price is our secret if you want to keep it that way. You likely talked em down and if so you really did well.:thumbsup:

Well that's the best one I have ever seen and with that motor and the heavy duty Salsbury it should flatten out the big hills with ease. and that E- Start that always is a plus
Steve :scooter:

Ace you would have had to be quick to have beat me to this one.I called when there were two other postings before it.You dont want to know what i ended up scoring this for.Dont want to make anybody cry.It will be in not for sale catagory.Keeping this one for sure!!

Thanks for the compliment,and get yours going.We could meet up for a cold one and a ride.

Forgot to mention,the shroud has a latch and the cover folds down then you can rope start it also,incase the battery dies.Never saw that feature on any engine.

I saw the ad go up and just didn't contact em or I'd a had to buy it. Glad I didn't get it with all the projects I have and Mark, I'm ordering the master cylinder from BMI and getting the Tryke going. I'd love to ride with ya then drink a few cold ones.:thumbsup:

Well i for one am glad you have to many projects.I have a trail buck and ever since i seen one of the pacesetter trikes.The simplicity of them.And if i am not mistaken ,only 500 of the trikes were ever made.I saw this one and was drooling.And hell ya we
will have to meet up.Mabey we can have some of the other members for a ride someplace.Thats a cool trike also there ace.

Last edited:
Scored this gem off cl!!It actually is a commutor,when pacesetter sold out,Commutor Industries bought all the parts for these,I believe thats how it goes.
The pacesetters came with tecs,this has a 341 cc kawasaki,super heavy duty salsbury clutch system.Somebody was asking the belt number awhile back.It is salsbury belt # 704142.Got this jem home last night and started this morning.They had the throttle and gov springs messed up.After some tuning,this thing runs at least 40 and gets there quick!!Went out riding with a buddy he was on my 200 big red.This thing went thrugh creeks with about2 and a half foot water and mud.Pulled hills that big red struggeled kepping the front wheel on the ground.And i weigh about 260!!!Just an impresive machine.

And these pics are after mudding and creek ride.I havent even cleaned it from when i bought it.
Well I was one who asked on belt info awhile back. I have a Orange Commuter TE390 with Kawi motor too. Thanks

Last edited:

motocycle

Commuter Industries

The pacesetters came with tecs,this has a 341 cc kawasaki,super heavy duty salsbury clutch system.Somebody was asking the belt number awhile back.It is salsbury belt # 704142.
Got this jem home last night and started this morning.They had the throttle and gov springs messed up.After some tuning,this thing runs at least 40 and gets there quick!!Went out riding with a buddy he was on my 200 big red.This thing went thrugh creeks with about2 and a half foot water and mud.Pulled hills that big red struggeled kepping the front wheel on the ground.And i weigh about 260!!!Just an impresive machine.

WOW, That is a nice one

The Commuter story continues: Commuter made the Sasquatch and the Grainger. Some were 3 wheels and some were 5 wheels ( 2 rear axles).

Then Commuter sold out to John Deere

John Deere made a few changes and named it the AMT, predecessor to the Gator. John Deere AMT's were sold only as 5 wheels.

The same Kawasaki 341 industrial engine was used on the AMT's, also the Sasquatch and Grainger,

I still use a Sasquatch on the farm, It is one powerful machine.

Go to, 3wheelerworld.com , for pics of mine and others, Type in Sasquatch.

I'm not sure where the Pacesetter came in. But it is the same machine. Probably the toughest utility 3-wheeler made.

motocycle

WOW, That is a nice one

The Commuter story continues: Commuter made the Sasquatch and the Grainger. Some were 3 wheels and some were 5 wheels ( 2 rear axles).

Then Commuter sold out to John Deere

John Deere made a few changes and named it the AMT, predecessor to the Gator. John Deere AMT's were sold only as 5 wheels.

The same Kawasaki 341 industrial engine was used on the AMT's, also the Sasquatch and Grainger,

I still use a Sasquatch on the farm, It is one powerful machine.

Go to, 3wheelerworld.com , for pics of mine and others, Type in Sasquatch.

I'm not sure where the Pacesetter came in. But it is the same machine. Probably the toughest utility 3-wheeler made.

motocycle
:thumbsup: Good info.

Man that thing is so nice, I am waiting on a call back from guy with one of them branded as a Sasquach. He has it listed for 200 dollars, and has not ran in a couple of years. I sure hope to get it, it would fit nicely in my colection of crap.

motocycle

Sasquatch

Man that thing is so nice, I am waiting on a call back from guy with one of them branded as a Sasquach. He has it listed for 200 dollars, and has not ran in a couple of years. I sure hope to get it, it would fit nicely in my colection of crap.
That would be a nice price, if it is all there.

motocycle

It complete exept a bad seat. I called him back and he said he was holding it till friday for a guy, and that if he don't get it he will call me. WTF, I called him and then he reposted it after and he says he is holding. Sure hope the person is a no show.

trailramdan

i know where there is a pacesetter 3 wheeler never went and looked at it...pacesetters are great we have 4 mini bikes between me and my dad 3 rams and one buck