Penney's Duster seat size?

45t

Does anyone have the factory seat measurements for a Penneys Duster? I found a sissy bar for my Duster and I want to get the factory look/measurements of the seat so the upholstery guy can build it right.

From the original catalog pics I've seen it looks like it about 14"-16" long, but I can't judge the rear & front width and the heigth/angle of the rear. I would also need demensions of the sissy bar back rest pad if anyone has it. Any assistance will be appreciated

Sorry I don't have pics of the sissy bar, I just ordered it. It will take a few days to get it in

Picture added for reference.

Last edited:

45t

SISSY BAR TALL 42 INCH BANANA SEAT BIKES SCHWINN OTHER | eBay
Did you buy one of these?.. if so i can almost gaurantee that it will snap in half if you try & bend it to fit under your seat. those are cheap chinese junk..
No, I saw them (cheap chinese junk) on ebay and thought that they would be too thin to bend. I went with a motor cycle sissy bar instead, that with the right tweeking/modification should fit just fine.

It measures approximately 23 inches tall and 12 inches wide at the forward mounting points. I figured that it can be narrowed/bent slightly to fit under the seat and mounted to the existing seat pan mounting plates. It was only $25, so if it doesn't work, I'm not out much.

Last edited:

45t

Looking at an original one, I'm measuring 20.5" in height / 12" in length / 4" in width at the bottom radius / 1.5" radius at top.
Thanks for the measurements. :thumbsup: That will give me a good starting point as to what I need to tweek my sissy bar to (or at least try to get as close to those measurements).

kbs8ball

Ive made that seat before in black. I do have purple flake vinyl too. I do not have a template though.
Im pretty sure that seat is 16 x 7 x 5

Last edited:
No, I saw them (cheap chinese junk) on ebay and thought that they would be too thin to bend. I went with a motor cycle sissy bar instead, that with the right tweeking/modification should fit just fine.

It measures approximately 23 inches tall and 12 inches wide at the forward mounting points. I figured that it can be narrowed/bent slightly to fit under the seat and mounted to the existing seat pan mounting plates. It was only $25, so if it doesn't work, I'm not out much.
That one should work great. you should be able to tweek it to fit without any problems.

45t

That one should work great. you should be able to tweek it to fit without any problems.
Here are a couple of other ebay sissy bars that I was looking at that would probably work too, If anyone is interested.

Item #200649386231
Item listing title - Chrome Sissy Bar Backrest Honda CX500?
should work after the decrative parts are removed and bent to fit

Item #330611136406
Item listing title - Vintage CB750 Honda Sissy Bar Very Nice Condition
not original looking for a Duster, but would still look cool mounted

Last edited:
Me too!:wink:

However, I think the seat is shorter in length. It's more between the 12"-14" range in length. I'll re-measure it tonight when I get home and let you know.

Please send me a private message on the pricing.
Yeah mine messures 13" from the back of the switch plate, to the front of the rear name plate.

I measured my frame today and here is what i came up with for the seat Dims.

let me know, you other Duster owners if this is what your getting on yours.

13" long
4 1/2" wide in front
7" wide in back
1 7/8" from back of switch plate to center of front mounting holes
front mounting holes 2" apart center to center
9" from front mounting holes to rear mounting holes center to center
rear mounting holes 3 1/2" apart
I'm planning on sending Kenny a template and want to make sure this will work for others also..

45t

I measured my frame today and here is what i came up with for the seat Dims.

let me know, you other Duster owners if this is what your getting on yours.

13" long
4 1/2" wide in front
7" wide in back
1 7/8" from back of switch plate to center of front mounting holes
front mounting holes 2" apart center to center
9" from front mounting holes to rear mounting holes center to center
rear mounting holes 3 1/2" apart
I'm planning on sending Kenny a template and want to make sure this will work for others also..
Here is the demensions that I came up with
12.5"-13" long
4.5" front of seat
6.5" rear of seat
6" height of rear "ducktail" of seat
110 degree angle of rear of seat to fit angle of sissy bar
I didn't measure the seat pan bolt holes because I'm going to need to drill those myself once I figure out how to mount the non original sissy bar and seat together.

The ducktail and angle are estimates based off of taking measurements and figuring averages of original style seat pictures posted on this thread. Hopefully I did my averages as close to original measurements. I will not know until I try to mount everything.

Mine had part of the sissy bar still mounted to the seat bolts it looks like they just drilled a hole through the sissy bar and sandwiched them together with a bolt going though everything. But i guess wood screws would work also. P.S I won one of those motorcycle sissy bars off of ebay. Thanks or the link..

Last edited: