photo of trisport.

I just picked this trisport up on a trade. The guy I got it from said he rode around his neighborhood but the belt and pully wiuld make noise and toss the belt. He also put bolts through the pully with spring and mesed everything up. And ghe dip @&#! Cut and extended the frame. I really want to fix this thing to ride again. What engjne should putt on the frame. And a replacement clutch pulley. Or one chain with centrifugal clutch set up? Thanks Ken ill post better pictures soon.

Just a suggestion... My Tri Cat is like yours and you mentioned the PO said the belt would make noise and come off. I can see it is a Horstman varible clutch system like mine and on mine the driver pulley on the engine was not opening was frozen so I took it apart and cleaned it with steel wool and got to slide open. Same thing happened on another rig and when the driver clutch freezes up the belt squeals and doesn't allow the belt to move up on the driven pulley and thus the squeal and tossed belt. At least that worked for me. By the way the belt may be wrong the correct one is a Gates Truflex 3340.

Last edited: