please help 60 you old 12 year old with kart i.d.

Hi guys:

always wanted a go kart since the 1960's. Started looking for a project and found an $100 basket case in November 2016.

It came with a tecumseh 3hp with a dip stick and 4 azusa tri-star rims. I put it together but it to some doing to rig up the brakes and throttle. Do you think it may be a Azusa Bug relative ? All i know is it like the ones I envied in the 60s and 70s and I love it.

Finally got it rigged with a 212CC predator. In February I took it apart, sanded it down to the bare metal, straighten all the bent parts. It was free from rust and basically good shape. I got a brand new axle and a 6" drum brake, new tie rods, tires and 5 coats of spray paint.

What do you think it may be ? Sears ? Montgomery Wards ? Deriviation of a Clark ? thanks for the help and comments.

I also have a fresh 5hp flathead if I want to keep in period correct. I think I'll put torque converter with a clone on it for now and hot rod around my parking lot race course with my sons.

Attachments

I'm not a kart guy, but I do appreciate the work people put into their machines to make 'em look good. Big difference in your before and after pics. Great job and thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

I'm not a kart guy, but I do appreciate the work people put into their machines to make 'em look good. Big difference in your before and after pics. Great job and thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
thank you very much. I am very happy with this project. I would rather play around with go karts and an expensive vintage muscle car.

That's really great! Looks like you and the kids can have a blast with that. If kids get to go fast enough to test the cornering limits I believe they learn a lot about car control that will help them later. Yes, a minibike could be in your future. Have you checked out some of the bike builds?

That's really great! Looks like you and the kids can have a blast with that. If kids get to go fast enough to test the cornering limits I believe they learn a lot about car control that will help them later. Yes, a minibike could be in your future. Have you checked out some of the bike builds?
thank you. Yes a mini bike is in my future.