Polaris Indy?

Does anybody here own a Polaris Indy 340 Sled with the Fuji 333cc engine?
I have a 73 Polaris ColtSS It had a 295cc engine when I got it, I built a 340cc engine for it.Its a free air sled two 30mm Mikunis piped and jetted.They are nice motors and I have a few different polaris engines stashed away.I built a small one man dune buggy with one of these engines too,it goes really good.:thumbsup:

A buddy of mine has a older Polaris Indy Lite 340 for his girl friend and it runs pretty good, it's got pretty good zip for a 340, it was climbing some pretty steep valley hills that where covered with 2-3 feet of powder last time we were out sledding. :thumbsup:

Isn't it a bit warm in Cali for sledding Neck? :laugh:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Well.......Ya see, I got this Polaris 340 engine and Salisbury CVT transmission, an I got this Go Kart. What I need to know is, what is the diameter of the track drive wheel, and the gear ratio of the reduction to the drive wheel. And how fast do these Sleds go exactly? Can ya see where I'm goin with this?

can't wait to see this.i've thought of doing something like that also
i could count the teeth on our lockley if it would help
cat 440 with 11x 22 tires.i' thinkin it goes 50 maybe 60 mph
i'd say those sleds would do 70 maybe 80 :shrug:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Any help would be appreciated Yoop, thanks! I'll need to do some creative packaging to make it all work. It would be nice if I could mount the driven on the drive axle, but I really don't think that would work. It would be REALLY fast if it did, but it would probably burn the belt off getting out of the hole!

i'll count them tomorrow.it'll be fast anyway you do it.just think that the kart's gunna be a helluva lot lighter and no where near as much rotating mass like the track has.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Yeah, that's what I'm talkin about! How did you get the clutch to work? Was the crank machined straight or the clutch tapered? Does the back end want to come around with the extra weight behind the axle? I have a Horstman Reaper clutch that might hold all the horsepower. What's your gear ratio?

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin about! How did you get the clutch to work? Was the crank machined straight or the clutch tapered? Does the back end want to come around with the extra weight behind the axle? I have a Horstman Reaper clutch that might hold all the horsepower. What's your gear ratio?
On those old rotax engines the clutch just unscrews off leaving a 3/4" shaft,then the end of the shaft was drilled and tapped and I used a dremmel tool to make a moon key slot in the shaft for the clutch.the rear axle has quick change sprockets,when I had the 59t on the axle with the15t on the clutch it would do about 70MPH, just less power out of the hole.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Hmmmm, I'm thinkin my PTO is 30mm and tapered, so looks like I'll have to use the CVT. This will be challenging, but fun!

wjustice

Browse some of the pictures of the Alsport RTS trikes. Many had Kohler or CCW snowmobiles engines with 30mm tapered cranks. They used the CVT's and then chain to the diffs. Dont forget good brakes as you dont get conpression braking like this.

neck
we got a 15 tooth on the jackshaft and a 84 on the axle on the lockley
it has both of the stock cluches from the sled on it

That's a cool kart Rocco. :thumbsup:

And yes Neck I see where you are going with this. My 340 Arctic Cat goes 50-55mph but it's got a different clutch and is geared lower from the factory for towing. :thumbsup: