Portland, Indiana?

Hey All,
I was thinking of going to Portland Indiana in July for the scooter / minibike show. I do not know a lot about it, and I was thinking on going Saturday before it actually starts. I have heard people say that guys show up 2 weeks early, and by Thursday everyone is packing up. I just do not really want to take off work, and I defiantly do not want to show up friday and everything be gone. Also wondering if you can park a trailer there, and how much it cost, and if you can ride around. Thanks.

If you enter the main gate with a trailer they will charge probably charge you a higher rate than just pulling in with a truck.
I get there on Monday usually and they charge me 85 bucks to camp there for the show and membership to the VMBC. I also have a camper at the event. They have a daily rate but not sure on it.
This year I may go Saturday or Sunday But you have to pay the fairgrounds for the extra days to stay there before the show starts on Monday.
And yes you can ride all over town with your minibikes.

That show has stuff showing up everyday, You never know whats there, And yes, there will be a lot of stuff there on the weekend going into the show. It just get a little bigger on Monday, but most people are there early.

yep yep..I can't wait for Portland show to start I usually get there Sunday evening and stay till Friday about mid day, ALWAYS something to do and see and sigh, buy :laugh: my dad and I go every year..he's into old schwinn and karts, me I'm into anything that looks and sounds cool (sigh all those old Cushman's Mustang Pony's, Simplex's, krates, whizzers..list goes on and on...the past couple of years the local Arby's restuarant down the road has a cruise in too with old cars and bikes..always cool to check out......

for those who haven't attended this show...you'll be HOOKED when you do lol just saying :scooter:

hell we should have an OldMiniBikes ride with all us members here at portland this year...maybe something like a ride to get ice cream or something lol

gerry scooterman

hey all,
i was thinking of going to portland indiana in july for the scooter / minibike show. I do not know a lot about it, and i was thinking on going saturday before it actually starts. I have heard people say that guys show up 2 weeks early, and by thursday everyone is packing up. I just do not really want to take off work, and i defiantly do not want to show up friday and everything be gone. Also wondering if you can park a trailer there, and how much it cost, and if you can ride around. Thanks.
they have a campground on the fair ground,it was $10.00 a day.i went to school in portland.now live in pa. I will be there.great fair ground and town.

not to mention the TONS of stuff to see...and hear lol I say this to anyone who ever asks about Portland...once you attend you will be HOOKED.

And yes you can ride all over town with your minibikes.
What exactly do you mean ?
They actually let you ride all over the place without the cops harassing you.
I mean not in a parade or group ride thats Sooo Cool
what are the rules or regs for this I want a place to go where I can putt around
on my bike in peace...Thats reason enough to attend :scooter:

What exactly do you mean ?
They actually let you ride all over the place without the cops harassing you.
I mean not in a parade or group ride thats Sooo Cool
what are the rules or regs for this I want a place to go where I can putt around
on my bike in peace...Thats reason enough to attend :scooter:
That's what I mean, Obey the traffic signs an stay with in the speed limits in town and they will leave you alone. This is allowed by the town of Portland for the whole time the show is going on.