Power Products AH58

I'm glad you told the story. My Dad bought the kart for me in about 1964 when I was about twelve. It's amazing you were able to put a plate on your minibike with just a bill of sale. Ah, the good old days!
Yep, that was before the federal government got into regulating what is legal to drive on the street and people were different back then, too. I was riding it home from the store with my dad following when I was 14 and got stopped by the police. My dad thought it was because it didn't have a plate, so he got it registered and turned me loose. About an hour later I came home in a police car and the cop explained that I needed a drivers license. I got a drivers license on my 16th birthday. 5 months later when my mom, who ruled the house, made me sell my car as punishment for having a girlfriend I got the minibike out of the garage and bought the AH58. Used it for transportation for about a year. Funny thing, my parents (mom) wouldn't allow me to own a real motorcycle as long as I lived at home, but the minibike with no signals, no mirrors and poor brakes and constantly exceeding the speed limit in town was fine with them. I was lucky I never got a speeding ticket with over 20 stops. Police were different back then,too. That was, indeed, the good old days.