Predator 6.5 Throttle Linkage help - Hear me out first

Hello! So, I have been searching these threads for about a week now and have not found exactly what I am looking for.
My question is, has anyone hooked up this specific throttle linkage for the predator 6.5?

I have seen other throttle linkage hookups but not any using this specific setup.

If I missed it, please provide a link.

Thank you!

T-Town Mini

Looks like this is the same one:

I haven't used that specific one but it appears to be of a good design for utilizing the original governor setup and retaining the stock gas tank.

Buy it :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Looks like this is the same one:

I haven't used that specific one but it appears to be of a good design for utilizing the original governor setup and retaining the stock gas tank.

Buy it :thumbsup:
I have already purchased it and installed it. I am just kind of new to all of this and wanted to make sure everything is there that I need. Everything should be in tomorrow so I can mess with it more. I just wanted to see if someone has done it and how exactly it is supposed to be installed.

I am in Tulsa too! Maybe you can help with everything! Haha

T-Town Mini

Yeah, I can help you with that. PM me your contact info.

Post some pictures of your throttle installation. What is it that you're putting the predator on?

Well, this started with an OTASCO mini bike. Then my buddy got a motovox bike with the 6.5 hf motor. I liked that frame over the doodle bug/taco frames so I just bought one of those. Rolling frame should be here tomorrow.
I will post some pics later this evening when I am around the motor.

T-Town Mini

I'd like to see some pics of that Flying O. (Maybe, make a separate thread in the Vintage or General section for that.)

The Vintage stuff is cool but I can see how getting everything new can save a lot of work.

Just curious as to why you are going to the added trouble of installing this throttle set up when the Predator engine comes with 2 separate throttle hook ups. One that comes in from the side and the other comes in from the back side. Both use the stock fuel tank location and uses the factory governor.

Just curious as to why you are going to the added trouble of installing this throttle set up when the Predator engine comes with 2 separate throttle hook ups. One that comes in from the side and the other comes in from the back side. Both use the stock fuel tank location and uses the factory governor.
Exactly. Come in from the other direction. The factory conduit clamping spot works great and you can still use a clevis end to pull the arm. I did and like it better than the swivel wire stop.

T-Town Mini

It's just another way to do it. This particular one from BMI was intended for a Karting application (I do believe)...where coming from the front is the most common way of hooking up the clone throttles.

As for the question of why use it on a mini bike....eh...why not. The standard mounting points on the predator can require routing the cable along the frame rails...this mount appears to allow a direct connection from the twist grip to the engine.

Just my opinion. Looks cool, too.

I like all the nuts and bolts and the fittings and the linkages and the mechanicalness of it.

I like to see all the mechanicalness.

- Indian Larry