predator 60363

Well i got the motor took governor off, built new linkage with cloths hanger then had no way to connect to the 1968 XL-500 rupp gas tank since it has super tiny fuel line on the predator. So my son wanted me to see if we could run it with factory tank. well guess what the motor sits too low and hits the jack shaft and also looks like i cannot get the clutch and the jack shaft to align even if it did not hit. does anyone make a plate or something to raise the engine high enough to make the darn thing work? It looks like i need the OldMiniBikes mini bike parts kit for air filter and exhaust so i can hopefully shove it up high enough to work. I gave him the bike for his birthday so he even helped work on the new motor until it wouldnt fit then he almost cried and i feel bad for him. So what do i need guys to get this thing on the roads again? please help

The higher the better that way if the chain comes off it don't hit the head. I need to strip off the air breather,gas tank,exhaust so i can try and stuff it up high enough to get some clearance ideas. I think 1 inch or so would work just figured someone on here would of already had a solution or a mounting plate that they sold so i also could get a better sprocket alignment and chain adjustment when mounted since the motor is a pig with factory parts. the 3.5 clinton that i had on it would not align properly either.

OK Buck , I'll do some checking for ya..I have not run into this problem yet. But maybe someone else has.
As far as the gas hose goes, I usally shove a short piece of 3/16 clear fuel hose over the inlet on the carb and cut it off flush..then your 1/4 inch fuel hose will fit tight over it.

Nice looks good 2 inches is a lot. I will have to start working on it again soon as i get a day and night off. Tonight i may stay up late and work on it u guys keep me going and spending money. LOL. Wish i could see a top view to know if i can get the sprocket alignment straight. the original engines must of had a lot longer crank end so the clutch could align better. Thanks im closing now going to start getting bench cleaned off.

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
you could also get a downs brothers engine plate. that will move the engine over about a 1/2 inch they are made since their clutch is a bit wider than most, you need to move the engine over with the plate or drill new mount holes.

I think the fuel line is 1/4 inch. And yes it still has the jackshaft. Going to order the engine plate that there was a link posted. I think it will just be perfect since last night i stripped all the plastic crap off. I will say that it makes the engine alot smaller thankfully. I will buy the OldMiniBikes mini bike air filter and exhaust also unless there is a better one out there? The engine clutch may line up with the jackshaft sprocket hard to tell with a 2x6 shoved under engine to hold it up. At one point it looked ok for a fast test fit into the frame but without bolts centering everything of course it lines up. LOL

One more thing they did not send the hemi i ordered they sent the non hemi version. Should i call and bitch tell them i need a hemi for the customer/ son.