Predator governor removal question. Should I do it or not?

Hi. I have the Canadian version of the Predator 212cc engine, the PowerFist 200cc 6.5hp engine. I am replacing the plug with the longer hotter one from GoKartsUSA.com, plus the upgraded cone airfilter and adaptor, their straight 1 inch exhaust pipe and screw on muffler, larger size 34 carb jet as well as a Taco 60T rear sprocket. I'm going to be using E0, 91 octane gas and 5W30 synthetic with a bit of anti friction additive. I'm thinking this combination alone will be pretty fast for what I'm using for (Azusa 8inch minibike kit) and I'm wondering if I should add the heavy duty valve springs if I don't remove the governor?

Can anybody give me advice on this? I already have another Doodle Bug with the same engine and all the above mods plus the governor removed and a stock 72T sprocket and its super fast and a wheely machine that will burn the rear tires off with almost no effort. With the smaller sprocket on the Azusa, I'm afraid I might have too much power if I remove the governor.

Just for the record, I'm 57 years old and technically shouldn't be riding motorbikes at all due to my hip replacement, but I don't care about that, I like to have fun. I just don't want to build a machine thats going to try to kill me. Haha.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Just got the kickstand welded on the frame and its getting painted next weekend. Can't wait to get it going for the summer.

Thanks

The engine in question is not a predator.
You likely bought the 7hp 208 and it requires some extra parts to soup up.

The short answer is no.
You should not remove the governer.

If you decided to continue on and soup it up anyways you will need to order the .020ARC long rod for the GX200, a predator flat top piston and Billet flywheel of some type.
A carb jet kit , filter kit, header kit, clutch kit and 18 pound Honda G200 valve springs would be a decent start.

Now you into the money.....
Might as well look at a cam stick with something small that won't require special valve train work.

In for a penny in for the pound.....
Would not hurt to snoop around for a 18cc Honda head ( dowel pins on this head match the PA block )
You will need a thin head gasket too.

Now if after reading all this you decided to stay with a stock engine no reason to feel bad.
Things get expensive in a hurry.
You could cut a few corners and use the 18cc head, filter kit, jet kit and header alone.
It will improve the performance of what you have without an internal being done, but leave the governor alone unless you plan to add the right billet parts for safety.

Don't worry about the hip just never fall off!
The last part is easy as long as you drive safe.

After reading this ^^^ my only advice is BE CAREFUL.
Pfft.....

I have a bad rotatory cuff, compressed disk in my neck, torn cartilage in both knees and wrist arthritic hands and wrists.
You can sit and wait for your clock to run down or you can live a little.

Hehe, It seems i'm not the only one who won't listen to the doctors and just fade away. To quote David Lee Roth, "I don't just burn my candle at both ends, I take a f-king flamethrower to it!

Thanks for the advice. Since I already got all the other parts I mentioned, I will add them to the engine and leave the governor in place to protect the engine from burning itself out and my butt from being tossed in the dirt hopefully. Are you sure about the Powerfist 208 not being the same? The user manual I got with the engine is exactly the same as the manual from the Predator, and Princess Auto in Canada sells the exact same stuff as Harbor Freight in the USA. Also, all the parts I got from OldMiniBikes and GoKartsUSA that are for the Predator engine, fit the PowerFist 208 engine perfectly. Like I mentioned, I have another one of these in a DoodleBug type bike and all the mods were done using Predator manuals, including removing the governor. Doesn't really matter, I just thought I read somewhere that they were the same engine. Thanks again for the advice, I will post a pic or two when I get it done. Cheers.

Are you sure about the Powerfist 208 not being the same? The user manual I got with the engine is exactly the same as the manual from the Predator, and Princess Auto in Canada sells the exact same stuff as Harbor Freight in the USA.

Yes I am absolutely sure.
I have one here in pieces waiting for the day I do something with it.
That might be a re-power job on a tractor before a mini though just because of the differences in parts and the cost to replace them.