pull start

there is something wrong with my pull start. i pull on the cord and the cord gets ripped out of my hand back into the engine. whats happening?

125ccCrazy

kinda sounds like the timing is too advanced and it's trying to fire before it's supposed to or possibly the compression release on the cam is stuck and isn't releasing the compression on initial start up..

what all did you do to the engine??

Yea, sounds like the timing is messed up like 125ccCrazy said. First thing i would do is pull the flywheel and see if the key is broken. If its not that then i would check the compression release. I dont know much about that or how to check it but im sure somone will add on to my post.

mybiz

seen it all!!!

hmm i wonder how his key would break the oposit wway though you know
Are you wondering how the key could break:confused:I've got a thousand answers:doah:How about just one A loose flywheel nut.
It would also help 100% If we knew what motor redgokart was having the problem with:eek:ut:

the motor is still stock. i can get it to turn over sometimes and when i do it runs fine. would that fact right there eliminate the possibility of the timing key? could it be impoper valve clearance?

Last edited:
they have one on the cam.

i'd rather pull they flywheel than go through the hassle of pulling the cam out. you can probably tell if the key sheared without even taking the flywheel off.

mybiz

The key is were id start. I had a motor on a wheeled weedwacker do the same thing a few weeks ago. But when it tried to start the pull rope handle hit me in the stomach like a bull whip and left a welt the size of a baseball:sadcrying4: Haven't touched it sense:thumbdown:

mybiz

???????????

but if it runs good how would the key be seard if it runs good when it does
It don't have to be sheared it can be worn just a little or loose. It doesn't take much of your flywheel being off just a degree to chang every thing. And its the frist place he should start.