Putting a Pedator Engine in a Motovox Mini bike!

Bought this over the thanksgiving weekend.

Love the look of these Mini's, but the 2.5 hp engine just wasn't cutting it. So here was my solution! put a Predator 212cc engine in it! below are the mods i had to do to get this beast in it!

First thing was remove the air box & exaust to get the engine in there to mark the new mounting holes.

I went with just drilling holes instead of slots. as I'm using the chain tentioner to adjust the chain tention.

After getting the new engine set in place and mounted down i had to modify the air filter box to fit in the frame!

I'm going to ad a screen to the yop untill i modify the whole filter!

next i had to remove the heat sheild and modify the exaust box with a hammer to get it in the frame!

again I'm going to make a custom header, but this works untill then..

the rear fender just needed to be moved back, so i jusy pulled it back and mounted the bolts as shown.

the throttle cable mounted right up with no mods, as did the kill swich wires.

I cut the chain guard and added a ne mounting tab. works OK but will prob make a better guard, as this one is plastic.

this is the finished project for now! this thig will pull the front wheel up with my 240lb butt!

joekd

Looks good, love the exhaust mod :thumbsup:

Doesn't look like a bad bike from pics, at least it comes with stuff like a rear disc

Just curious, why did you not make the new slots further forward? Looks like plenty of room and the air cleaner lid may have fit, the muffler wasn't going to fit either way but to me it looks like there was more room to work with on the plate.:shrug:

bandit 40

As soon as the chain stretches really good you most likely will be removing links, because your chain tensioner will only move back so far...:thumbsup:

Just curious, why did you not make the new slots further forward? Looks like plenty of room and the air cleaner lid may have fit, the muffler wasn't going to fit either way but to me it looks like there was more room to work with on the plate.:shrug:
I tried moving it all the way forward, but the air cleaner and exaust was still in the way, so i decided to move it back so i wouldn't have to extend the chain... later i will add the slots so i can move the engine forward.

I tried moving it all the way forward, but the air cleaner and exaust was still in the way, so i decided to move it back so i wouldn't have to extend the chain... later i will add the slots so i can move the engine forward.
I would have slotted it even with the factory engine and added a length of chain but that's me. Patience saves $ and work.:thumbsup: I am on the fence with the Motovox but may buy one if it comes up on CL a year or so from now once the original purchaser becomes frustrated with lack of power. It's how I get my DBs

Last edited:

TomH

That chain will stretch the more you ride it. You can always slot it later now that you have the holes for reference points.

The bike looks good with little effort...got lucky that the paint on the motor and bike match. Looks great! I bet the wide tires help smooth the ride out a little bit.
I'm a priss, but I have to have suspension while riding through fields.
I put a greyhound on my roper. the carb hits the frame. I put bolt holes on the furthest point in the plate and extended the chain so I wouldn't have to mod. I used a chain tensioner from my electric scooter...the spring broke so it's just as effective as a roller.
I would really put a better muffler on it though. looks like it gets really hot quick like this, but asou said, it's temporary.
I like you mod style. hammer and cut to fit. That's how I do it. Little tools and no experience breeds creativity. Just don't forget the duct tape.
Anyone watch the RedGreen show on PBS? That was funny stuff!

fonz

Nice Job!!.........You gotta have a little finess with a ball pean hammer on the exhaust and a little engineering with the air intake to make it fit.....again...NICE JOB!!

Nice Mod! I'm looking to swap my engine out as well. What clutch did you use? (Please provide specs and source) My Motovox Clutch is an 11 tooth and fits only 5/8" shaft and This Predator has a 3/4 inch shaft. Also, After 2 trail rides, I had to already replace the Rear Ball Bearings as one of them Failed and bent. Does anyone know a source of Heavy Duty 6201 RS Sealed Ball Bearings that the Motovox Rear Axle uses?

this is the exact build im doing, except with the new mbx11 that has front suspension. im going to be using an adjustable mounting plate, though. i love the mbx11's under-seat exhaust, so i am going to have it connected to the 212cc, using the small bit of pipe under the stock muffler as the adapter. do by any chance have videos of this thing running? i was hoping it would have enough power to pick up the front end.