question on mods ???? 6.5 clone (Blue)

ok i juss got a new Harbor freight 6.5 (blue engine)
are these good mods??? if u can input more on this please give me ur 2 sense haha..!!

1.air filter and adapter
2. arc billet rod and bearings
3. 18lb valve springs (or should i use 26lb springs)????
4. grade 10.9 bolt kit with washers & dowel pins
5. header
6. govenor removal
7. anything else to get good hp and faster engine....?

And is there any other good sites than affordablegokarts.com??
im new and trying to learn more

I would suggest you just read up in the clone section and engine mods section. There are a lot of threads discussing modification. Many of them will answer questions that you have not even thought of to ask. Other mods I would suggest would be either rejetting your carb or upgrading to a 22mm slide carb(this will also require the appropriate jet size). Also port the intake if you are able to do this and advance our timing anywhere between 4 -8 degrees.

How much HP?

ok i juss got a new Harbor freight 6.5 (blue engine)
are these good mods??? if u can input more on this please give me ur 2 sense haha..!!

1.air filter and adapter
2. arc billet rod and bearings
3. 18lb valve springs (or should i use 26lb springs)????
4. grade 10.9 bolt kit with washers & dowel pins
5. header
6. govenor removal
7. anything else to get good hp and faster engine....?

And is there any other good sites than affordablegokarts.com??
im new and trying to learn more
The biggest bang for your buck will come from a header, gov removal, air filter, billet flywheel and re-jetting the carbs. Don't forget to clip the low oil sensor wire.
Project triple double is a test to find a dollar to horsepower ratio of a 200 cc OHV engine, specifically a Chinese made clone
ARC Racing

get a 22mm Mikini. Wicked MX has them for $35. you don't need 26lb valve springs if you're going to run the stock cam.
just an update. it looks like Wicked MX isn't ordering the 22mm Mikunis anymore and are sold out. he told me he wasn't selling many so he decided to not stock them anymore (all the pit bike guys were going with 26mm ones instead).

ARC wanted over $20 for shipping for just the rod and flywheel. tax and shipping was less than that through AGK.

i don't like how nr-racing charges shipping according to the dollar amount of what you bought.

just an update. it looks like Wicked MX isn't ordering the 22mm Mikunis anymore and are sold out. he told me he wasn't selling many so he decided to not stock them anymore (all the pit bike guys were going with 26mm ones instead).
I wonder what the possibility of a group purchase might be?

Feel like checking it out Strigoi? Maybe ask about the possibility of a 20 to 22mm Keihin also.

If you do... Please let me know what you find out. I'd most likely be interested in 2 to 4 carbs or so.

Thanks
~JM~

PS. Your Avatar is very disturbing. Whatindahellizzit?

NR also has free shipping on orders over $300 in the US, maybe its worth it to mod your clone all at once and save some shipping? A 22mm Mikuni carb kit and Billet Flywheel alone put you at $200 ish, whats another $100 bucks.:tongue:

i'd like to do it all at once but i can't. my hours got cut at work and now i don't even make enough to really pay my bills. i ordered the stuff now for safety. it will cost me a lot more than $200 if something blows up and i get hurt.

as for the group purchase, contact him if you want. i've already got a Mikuni on my bike.

Im a day late and a ............

i'd like to do it all at once but i can't. my hours got cut at work and now i don't even make enough to really pay my bills. i ordered the stuff now for safety. it will cost me a lot more than $200 if something blows up and i get hurt.

as for the group purchase, contact him if you want. i've already got a Mikuni on my bike.
How do you guys like your minukis?

How do you guys like your Mikunis? It looks you can use an Animal intake with slight mods. Are they better than a rejetted stock carb. I swear my carb has the Mikuni name on it. I'll have to look at it. It's a HF Blue.

The Mikuni is well worth the money, for $100 you can buy a kit from NRracing.com with everything you need to bolt it on including a manifold that blends from being circular to the D-port of the head. Depending on your motor setup you will see about a 1HP to 1.5HP increase in power, but the most noticeable difference is how smooth your acceleration will be. The interchangeable pilot jet is also nice so you can adjust your low end, the stock carb's pilot must be drilled to do this and is a real bugger to get at.

i love mine and just used the Animal intake. it only took about 30 minutes with a round file to get the holes big enough.

if you're running an all stock clone, you don't have a Mikuni on it. another thing is i'm not sure if you can still run a governor with the Mikuni installed.