question's on a 3' Honda GX200

I have a Genuine Honda GX200 and I would like to do a 3in build. can someone tell me what are some of the challenges I will have with the build as far as having it resleeved? like when you resleeve the block do you have to leave the sleeve raised above the block and cut the head to except the pop up of the sleeve for sealing purposes? or is it as easy as getting the block bored and having the sleeve put in as well. I have seen motors with the sleeve raised above deck height that's why I asked. Or at the end of the day is there a lot more to a 3in motor then this and should I just bore it to the max before you have to sleeve it? I'm really trying to make this build push some power. I have built some good running motors already and haven't had them on a dyno but they have to be around 18hp or so. I'm not totally new to building these it would be my first 3in motor for sure though. thanks guys.

and sorry the title says 3 foot I meant to put 3". I would hope everyone would know that but I'm sure someone will have to point it out.:thumbsup:

one of my builds has a grooved head.. and one does not (machinist misunderstood what i was wanting him to do)... hopefully it will seal good.. but you would prob want to do a grooved setup to help avoid any potential issues... here is what my sleee looks like on the motor with the sleeve done right... i have lots of help on this motor...

Last edited:
so that's a extension welded on the block? and do you know how much is a correct amount for the sleeve to be raised above deck height or atleast what yours is? this isn't something I will be doing but I will take it to a guy that has been doing some of this. its a local guy here by Detroit. I might just go below 3'' to stay on the safe side. and that motor is amazing!!! that's what I'm shooting for it's not really the money as much as me finding someone to do the work for me. I can build a motor but the 3'' stuff would be a first for me.