Quick Sand or Firm Ground how do you know?

When a project grabs you and won't let go how do you stop your self from committing economic suicide. The project soon gets the upper hand and the do you wait around for parts to show up on E-bay or Craigslist or just bite the bullet and make the call. I am fully aware that I have at least 4 major projects that I am supposed to be working on and yet I keep looking behind door # 3 or # 2 or # 1 .
The new project the Cushman/Tote Gote Charger Trike leaped into the spotlight this morning when I ordered the new Comet forward/Reverse gearbox and Comet Torque converter from BMI.
The engine for this project is a Tecumseh HHM80 Electric Start XL with a 1 inch shaft and of course all the TC's I have are 3/4 inch. And of course I want to pursue making it street legal for campground use and all the malarkey involved it doing that. So I guess it was pure quick Sand and I am sinking fast LOL
Steve :scooter:

help

i think someone shuld start a 12 step program to help us all,i think some of us
have gone over the edge/need to have someone to call before we buy that
next bike,:sadcrying4::sadcrying4::sadcrying4:

Wayne : Dream's are hard to budget, and it seems that every part I want is not only expensive, but things that would never come up on e-bay and then there is the chance you don't win. But I still have the vision so I would guess it is Quick Sand .

Steve, I think I know where you are coming from. I try to walk every day for my health. So the other day I decide to take a different route just to mix up the routine. I was just about home and what do I see, just one block from my house, but a Bonanza mini bike, for sale. Now I have a problem because about a month ago I bought a Baja Blitz for Kragen. So I tell the wife what I found. She doesn't really understand my "Hobby" but she listen to my reasoning anyway. Well the short of the story is she called the phone number of the man selling the mini and got as much information as she could and the best price he would take. My young bride of 33 years, who really does understand me helped me aquire another mini. O, its a BC1400 near as I can tell. I will try and post some pics this week. :laugh:

Jon

Investment OK I will use that as an excuse. I made another investment today with Dennis Carpenter's Cushman parts. just the front wheel, tire, axle, hub ,wheel bearings and a front fender. I didn't even get a total cost but it will smack $400.00 around real good. But what the heck it's only money. Need to sell some more air conditioning jobs.