R.I.P. OG 5 bolt Grayhound

BWL

Happy you didn't get hurt. With my mud motor billet is the only way to go. Just imagine being below the dam and you motor blows up like that. That means you die. We basically require billet rod for anyone building mud motors. The bearing on an ARC rod make it just like the rods you see in a V8. It's easy to blow a motor and walk off the race track. Fishing below the dam or 10 miles out from shore when a storm hits, You blow a rod, you're dead.

Daniel Coop

Happy you didn't get hurt. With my mud motor billet is the only way to go. Just imagine being below the dam and you motor blows up like that. That means you die. We basically require billet rod for anyone building mud motors. The bearing on an ARC rod make it just like the rods you see in a V8. It's easy to blow a motor and walk off the race track. Fishing below the dam or 10 miles out from shore when a storm hits, You blow a rod, you're dead.
Well, luckily for me, the stakes ain't as high in mini bikin'! Having now worked with an ARC rod, I'm sold on their quality and will definitely be using them more often if not from here on out.

Daniel Coop

If at first you don't succeed, try again only better... Another Grayhound clone, courtesy of my buddy Dan. This one has an ARC billet rod with a Honda flat top piston, a 275 lift cam, a newer milled and ported 4 bolt clone head with 26lb springs. Sidecover has studs. Was shipped minus carb, flywheel and tin work for me to swap my stuff over...
Dan hooked it up with new rings and a hone before shipping it out to me. This motor has won a few kart races in times past and needed a freshening, but was a strong solid runner. I just need to break it in before having fun.

Last edited: