RACESENG Rev Rockers - behind the scenes video!

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Nice video:thumbsup:
I just didn't know what that guy was yelling about in the song?
Gonna call you about getting a extra flywheel magnet.

Last edited:
Sure do look nice I have to hand it too!

So do you think you might build a moire afordable Canted valve head next?
There would be a market for that me thinks.....

Thank you!! a billet head is something that comes up alot in conversation as something we'd like to do (along with canted valves we've discussed some other trick features as well). for now there's quite a few products that we have in development and a handful in line for development on top of that as well....in fact Jarrett and Glen both are out testing some prototypes today on a few really slick new product designs we haven't released any info on publicly yet:thumbsup:

back to the billet head idea though i will say this, in terms of performance part development we are just about out of valve train parts to go after :wink: so before long thats all that will be left (and we havent forgotten about the bottom end of the motor either haha). things have been very busy at the shop lately with new product design, development, and manufacturing to say the least! keep pushing those motors and we'll keep making the parts to help you push them even harder!!!!

Thank you!! a billet head is something that comes up alot in conversation as something we'd like to do (along with canted valves we've discussed some other trick features as well). for now there's quite a few products that we have in development and a handful in line for development on top of that as well....in fact Jarrett and Glen both are out testing some prototypes today on a few really slick new product designs we haven't released any info on publicly yet:thumbsup:

back to the billet head idea though i will say this, in terms of performance part development we are just about out of valve train parts to go after :wink: so before long thats all that will be left (and we havent forgotten about the bottom end of the motor either haha). things have been very busy at the shop lately with new product design, development, and manufacturing to say the least! keep pushing those motors and we'll keep making the parts to help you push them even harder!!!!
At the risk of making you guys cringe.
Some sugestions for an entry level canted head.
Stick with the 27.5-25 mm valves and ( don't through anything at me ) recycle just the arms from a Champion clone.
I know this will cause some head scratching on your part but consider something that produces less power reliably and affordably. No one makes anything like that.

Just pulling the bottle neck out of the ports with modest valve would be nice for an engine that needs to run for extended periods at more than two throttle possitions ( on and off lol ). The cheap steel rockers are plenty good enough for 300 and under lift and stiff springs even if they are heavy ( afain an engine that needs a wider opperating rpm range for up to hours at a time ).

More to all this aftermarket suff then just drag bikes and circle karts

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I have some suggestions on a head, if you guys ever decided to make one. DO NOT MAKE IT CANTED VALVE.

Me being the only guy with the canted valve head experience, it's not a good idea for such a small motor. Reasons why????

1)You need a matching piston
2)Your current roller rockers will not work
3)Head flows to much for the current engine size
4)Valves will need to be extra long
5)Which means the head will need to be extra tall, heavier, and more expensive

My current canted valve billet head only has 34mm/29mm valves, but flows 165cfm. A stock size gx200 will not run with that much flow. Flow must be regulated to 125cfm or less. And even at 125cfm, the motor will need to be a stroker, or big bore.

Now, for a idea the Matt design works fine. It comes with 1.250/1.125 valves and flows 115cfm. Just changing to thinner custom 5.5mm valves you gain 5cfm. Also you can easy make a cheap intake, your roller rockers currently work on them. The price is cheaper, and you can use a regular piston.

A billet sidecover would be nice. Currently Belmit makes one, but he is so slow at production you might be waiting 6 months for them to be done. And he already has the program done for them.

Thats good to know...although either way a head would be a ways down the road anyway with all the parts we're developing at the moment. a side cover is is in the more near future though:thumbsup:

I Agree there are problems with valve clearence but thats because its a huge valve head.

Keep the valves small and the ange inbetween narrow.

My sugestion is cant the valves just enough to help with the shrouding and to straighten and raise the ports so they can flow better without having to be so large.

Is there room for this?
I don't know exactly what the magic number for vlave size and angles are but I am sure it could be done and still work with FT piston. Looking back to other head designs I think a good closed chamber head could be made.

Compression may suffer, It may turn out to get above 10.5 or 11 you need a dome piston but this is all conjecture unless someone mocks up a head and tries.

Ball back in your court Ryan...

i would go out on a limb and say that once we reverse engineer what is necessary and create the model/assembly in solidworks to start playing with some of the various configurations dynamically in solidworks there would be a valve size/angle that would work. so yeah the question at that point is would it net enough of an advantage to justify the cost of a billet head in that configuration.

theres alot of configurations out there that im sure everyone has their own personal preference on as to what the best would be and the goal from our end in developing a billet head is to try and identify the most universally applicable configuration(s) and go after it so we can offer a product that can be advantageous to a variety of motor/racing applications. once we would get into developing a billet head i assure you no stone will be left unturned.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It won't be worth it, well at least that's what Belmit told me. You you can make the head smaller, and use the parts already available on the market it will be much cheaper to make, and more user friendly.

If a rocker fail on head, it is a hassle, and maybe a 6 month wait to be replaced. Same for the valve cover, intake, valves, and the custom piston I had made. I even had to make a exhaust flange by hand.

Every time I look at what all it cost, I say never again. YES the head does flow better, but I had to make the engine 300cc's just to make the head work. All that is not needed.

So now I just stick with the Matt head with a stock valve cover, EC intake, and Raceseng roller rockers. The Matt head even has a Animal exhaust flange. And you can mod the head to flow up to 140cfm.

Here's the threads from 4cycle Sneaks posted from the testing he did on the prototype version valve cover. function is great, we just tweaked the aesthetics a bit to give it a slicker look and we are about to start a short production run to test the waters and see how it is accepted, but so far the feedback in general seems very promising! soon as the production pieces come off i will post up some updated pictures and write up:thumbsup:

RACESENG Billet Valve Cover Threads:

4 Cycle Karting Forums - Another product from Raceseng .

4 Cycle Karting Forums - Raceseng's new billet valve cover

Last edited:
It won't be worth it, well at least that's what Belmit told me. You you can make the head smaller, and use the parts already available on the market it will be much cheaper to make, and more user friendly.

If a rocker fail on head, it is a hassle, and maybe a 6 month wait to be replaced. Same for the valve cover, intake, valves, and the custom piston I had made. I even had to make a exhaust flange by hand.

Every time I look at what all it cost, I say never again. YES the head does flow better, but I had to make the engine 300cc's just to make the head work. All that is not needed.

So now I just stick with the Matt head with a stock valve cover, EC intake, and Raceseng roller rockers. The Matt head even has a Animal exhaust flange. And you can mod the head to flow up to 140cfm.
Well I don't know about that Charles.
I realy don't and will not know unless someone builds such a head.
Thing is if you smart about it there are lots of things you can do to get around problems.
Like I said split a set of Champion rockers up so not it that breaks just replace said part.
Don't make a billet valve cover borrow something from a different engine ( maybe a GX390 or something from the Briggs shelf ).

Lots of people say this is a bad idea or that is stupid but there are pleanty of times when history has proved them wrong. No one ever mass produced an F head untill Willie's hand was forced and low and behold that old flatty turned out to be as robust and reliable a power unit as one could ask for. Soldiering on in industrial aplications beyond what it was ever designed for.

The Clevland begot the 351M that turned out to be a decent engine on marine aplications.

Horrific fuel ecconomy didn't prevent Gm's 702 V12 from turning into an increadbly reliable NG power unit thats still chugging away in gas field near you I bet.

So when someone says its just not going to work and isn't practical all I can say is unless its flow tested in a mock up and maybe even proto built I am not ready to abandon the idea....

If I was near a hack shop I would probably mock one up just to see.