raised threaded PTO cover

bandit 40

Is there any advantages or dis advantages to having the 4 raised threaded holes on the cover? I have one like this, and some flush with the cover.:shrug: Can the raised boss cover be used on any 5hp application, this one has the dipstick tube. Thanks Mark.

briggs calls it the heavy duty cover.
can only be used on bushing engines,will not fit bearing cover cranks,the cranks are too short for the seal.

briggs calls it the heavy duty cover.
can only be used on bushing engines,will not fit bearing cover cranks,the cranks are too short for the seal.
So a standard 3/4" crank won't work with this side cover? I'm so confused!!! I have a motor that has the same side cover and found a standard crank with a 3/4" shaft, now I am not sure if this will work?????:shrug:

125ccCrazy

So a standard 3/4" crank won't work with this side cover? I'm so confused!!! I have a motor that has the same side cover and found a standard crank with a 3/4" shaft, now I am not sure if this will work?????:shrug:
some cranks had a shorter step on it that the seal rides on.... your cover will be fine with the correct crank.. You'll need a crank like this..