Raptor carb questions

I want to go with a remote tank on the bike I'm putting my briggs raptor engine on and wanted to know what my options are as far as carbs. I don't want to go crazy price wise and want to keep it as stock as possible. Don't even know if there's any aftermarket parts under the hood. The guy I got it from said it was alky. I can see a restrictor plate on it so not really sure what that means. It already has a 3 stage header on it that I wanna reuse. Also how do I tell if the carb on it is set up for gas or alky. Is it going to just be an over sized jet if it's alky? Any help would be great.

CarPlayLB

Apparently there are a couple holes behind the jet that get drilled for alky. Once drilled there is no going back!

Lots of options for carbs. Tillotson, Mikuni, Walbro PZ22, and my favorite, the cheap China clone Tecumseh carb. The Mikuni and Walbro take a special manifold...easy to make or can be bought (I have a billet one for sale!) or you can use a Tillotson manifold for either the Tilly or the Tec carb. The Tilly manifold will have a "pulse hole" for the fuel pump at the flange which I plug with a very small set screw for the Tec carb. That way I can reverse it out for a Tilly carb. JB Weld works just fine too!

CarPlayLB

Dave has a good point! A lot of these carbs will be close to the header. A PZ22 will need the choke lever shortened as will some of the Mikunis. There are so many fake PZ22's and Mikuni's out there, its hard to tell China from Japan, and there are lots of different configurations.

Contact outlaw17. He has intake manifolds that will allow you to run a tecumseh or mikuni. He gave me a hell of a deal. Shipped it same day, too. The tecumseh carbs are only about $15-20. You need something with a 1" bore. That's the route in going with on my raptor.

Contact outlaw17. He has intake manifolds that will allow you to run a tecumseh or mikuni. He gave me a hell of a deal. Shipped it same day, too. The tecumseh carbs are only about $15-20. You need something with a 1" bore. That's the route in going with on my raptor.
Sorry just read this again. I will pm hi. To see if he has one.

CarPlayLB

make sure when you buy one that you get an adjustable one. It will have the thumb screw at the bottom of the bowl The second listing David posted is a fixed jet. It has a flat bowl screw and is not adjustable.