Real world experience with hydraulic disk brake conversion on rear.

I've searched and searched with the search tab in a few sections on OldMiniBikes but cannot find any info on this subject. I am looking at using the sprocket for the brake disk but need a good universal type caliper and master cylinder. Ive seen some on doodle bugs but Im unsure how thick of a brake disk they will accept. Does anyone have any input on this?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
DB's just use a bicycle disc brake. The sprocket however is thicker and would work great.

Now some say oiling the chain will muck with the braking and it will if you drown the chain.

I little oil will burn off in no time. I use pocket bike hydro brake set up's off e-bay and other aftermarket sellers.

They will work on # 35 And 41/40 sprockets. The most you will have to do is set up a bracket AND get the correct caliper.

LH and RH for front, Rear is usually LH only. I always use FT brakes on the rear. then I can get the caliper for the side the brake will be on.

Also they tend to be smaller and fit in them tight spots better.

fistfullabar

DB's just use a bicycle disc brake. The sprocket however is thicker and would work great.

Now some say oiling the chain will muck with the braking and it will if you drown the chain.

I little oil will burn off in no time. I use pocket bike hydro brake set up's off e-bay and other aftermarket sellers.

They will work on # 35 And 41/40 sprockets. The most you will have to do is set up a bracket AND get the correct caliper.

LH and RH for front, Rear is usually LH only. I always use FT brakes on the rear. then I can get the caliper for the side the brake will be on.

Also they tend to be smaller and fit in them tight spots better.

Nice idea but what is that "bike"?