Rebuild help

Hello guys I have some questions regarding my Sears Dover. I found it while buying a new to me truck I saw it and had to have it. It was just a frame with a old craftsman motor included I'm not sure if its original. I have taken it down to bare metal primed and painted. I'm now trying to make it a roller. I need to find wheels tires and a sprocket that will fit. It only has a scrub brake so I need the right size tire. I also have a chance to buy a 3.5 hp briggs motor. Will that be big enough for a cruzer? I don't plan to drive it often or hard but I do want it to pull up hills. A 6.5 preditor seems like overkill for what I am looking for.

Thanks
Hopper055

My 3hp Briggs pulls my grand kids ok...they weigh less than a 100 pounds...and It cruzes ok with me on , but it doesn't like the hills to much..I'm right a 200lbs.

kheper

According to an image in a thread on this site (to which I'm disallowed to link), the bike has a tire/wheel size of:

4.10 - 3.50 - 5

Surplus center sells hub/tire combinations, which can be co-opted for mini bike use - for relatively cheap.

This will be my last post on this site. No link capability, I quit.

Maybe I could gear it low enough that it could pull up hills. I'm not looking for anything fast either just a nice mini that looks period correct. Like someone would have customized for there kid in the 70's.

I started this build to help me get over the death of my dog. He was only 3 years old and had a rough exit from this life. He was always "helping" me with my motorized toys. He loved being around all of them. I thought the best way to remember him would be to build one in his memory. I have permission from my significant other to have the minibike in a spare room beside his ashes when we move into our new appartment. So I want something that will run drive and pull me fine but to be honest it probably won't see much road time. But if a guest asks if it works I want to be able to say yes.

Thanks
Hopper055

So that size is for the front and back? Now I can make a post looking for used wheels and a sprocket. Please don't stop posting though I still need one question answered.

Thank you, You were a big help it's a shame your not sticking around.

Hopper055

kheper

The ad states: "Tires: 4.10/3.50 x 5"

"Tires" implies that both the front and rear wheels are the same size. The original hubs are white, the original engine is 3.5 HP, and the mini-bike is called a Drover - not Dover. Google for the thread on this site and links to pics on others.

I missed the R Sorry I'm typing all this on my phone. I have read some threads from this site that is how I found the name of the mini bike. A couple of the threads I read people were indecisive on tire fitment I just wanted to be sure. And you found it in the add so I'm sure now. Thanks for all the information. I'll probably pick up that motor tomorrow.

Hopper055