Rejetting 212cc predator

I cant seem to locate what I'm looking for. So, i'm looking for a little help.

I put a uni filter on and a straight header. Now, I need to rejet the carb.

My question is..is there a guide/video on how to do this? This is my first small engine Ive worked on so I'm still new to everything.

Thanks.

Bikerscum

I cant seem to locate what I'm looking for. So, i'm looking for a little help.

I put a uni filter on and a straight header. Now, I need to rejet the carb.

My question is..is there a guide/video on how to do this? This is my first small engine Ive worked on so I'm still new to everything.

Thanks.
Try here

I find it easier just to buy the jets from OldMiniBikes... they're like $3 each for the mains.

Good luck :thumbsup:

I just looked at OldMiniBikes warehouse.com They only show the stock low speed jet (did I miss them?) and the main jets dont seem to be the size....What size jets do I need to order for a pipe and ARC air cleaner for my HF 212cc?

Sorry to be a dumb#%$

So do you have to change the E tube too?
No, they are not a set. I changed mine because I want to do as much experimenting as I can. Jet lets in the gas, E-tube mixes air with the gas that was let in by the jet. I changed my e-tube to a honda 140, but will change back to the clone e-tube to see what happens. All about experimenting. Rewind the video, more holes in the e-tube means leaner mixture (more air) less holes means less air, richer mixture. Finding the combo you like and that will run good is all the fun! I'm going to try a lean running e-tube ( lean means more air)with a large jet for my next build.

Last edited:
this is a good thread. i have my first predator and had to change to aftermarket air filter cause stock wouldnt fit my quad fram. well that didht work to well. smoked the clutch. :doah: so now instead i am going to put it in a badger 100.

would be nice to keep predator rejetting only to this thread. i havent looked at ctmini thread completely yet, but arent there some differences between the old hf and the predator?

anyway, back to more searching and learning about how to rejet

TTS

Well all I did as far as rejetting was taking out the old and replacing with the kit I got from Brad. Uni filter, straight header and the rejet kit. It was very easy to take out and put in new.

Last edited:
i hoped that i would not have to rejet after uni filter but it doesnt run good. also for a heads up, i have the carb or inother words crap version of the predator. i took off all the crap that was hooked up to stock air filter and tank. i m pretty sure carb versions are already pretty lean. TTS

Hows yours working out, thumper?

I'm still in the process of doing the swap, so I havent gotten a chance to try it yet.

and I will never buy a CARB version. :)

Hows yours working out, thumper?

I'm still in the process of doing the swap, so I havent gotten a chance to try it yet.

and I will never buy a CARB version. :)
not while your in the big apple you wont. come on over to smoggy ca. you wont have a choice. :censure: green people rule the state. fish are more important than people. criminals run free....it is getting worse.

TTS

Bikerscum

not while your in the big apple you wont. come on over to smoggy ca. you wont have a choice. :censure: green people rule the state. fish are more important than people. criminals run free....it is getting worse.

TTS
It's not all bad. You can come here & buy three times the house you can afford, & get 2/3rds of it paid for by the government.

A smog motored minibike is a small price to pay.

I'm also a gun guy. Cali is a big no no for that. :thumbsup:

But anyway! I just realized how cheap e-tube and jets are. Shit, you can get a good selection for under $50.

I used the drill bits with a pin vise that came with them.

Found what fit inside each jet, then stepped it up from there. Took a few tries.
Tried with just air filter and header, no rejet. Ran like crap.
Replaced emulsion tube with 140, no noticeable difference.
Left 140 tube installed and opened up the low speed jet. Idled good but popped on acceleration.
Removed main jet (#70 fit in hole, 0.028"), went to 69, then 68, then 67 drill (0.032).
Runs great, can't buy a 0.032" main jet as far as I know. (scratch that, nr-racing has a full assortment, but they are $6 a piece.)

Last edited: