Replacing the needle SEAT in a carb

For anyone that has done this, can you give me some guidance?:confused:
1. How do you get the old one out?
2. Ho do you properly set the new one in? (i.e., proper depth)
If it makes a difference, this is for a Tec OHH60 Powersport
Thank you for any words of wisdom.:scooter:

For anyone that has done this, can you give me some guidance?:confused:
1. How do you get the old one out?
2. Ho do you properly set the new one in? (i.e., proper depth)
If it makes a difference, this is for a Tec OHH60 Powersport
Thank you for any words of wisdom.:scooter:
in the tec carbs its just a little white rubber thingy-ma-bob. pick it out with a needle or something fine tipped. and then put the new one in, push it in with a blunt object. Just push it all the way down to where it stops.

ya can pick it out or blow it out with a air compressor nozzle . they will come out a mach 3 tho so watch it .just put air in the fuel inlet on the carb and let rip
as for putting them in the back end of a drill bit (noncutting side ) works fine .

Thanks guys!:thumbsup:
Seems like it is pretty easy and straightforward. Follow up question: Is it good practice to ALWAYS replace the float bowl gasket when opening up the carb, or do you only replace depending on condition?:scooter:

Motra

There's also a direction that it has to go in, otherwise it won't seal properly. One side has a circular groove cut around it, that's the side you put inward. The other side has some small bumps (if it's a real Tecumseh part), that's the side the needle contacts.

Epilogue to my original post:
I thought that others may be interested to know that this post has a very happy ending, and possibly others can learn from my experiences. I purchased a carb kit and ended up changing the needle, seat, bowl gasket, and cleaning out the carb jets and other orifices. The advice that I received form others on this forum from my many topics and posts was PRICELESS and extremely helpful- Thank you! :thumbsup: Also, I noticed that the bowl level was not correct and adjusted that as well. This Tec 6 HP Powersport engine now runs extremely well, starts cold much easier, and will idle down to a low and even/smooth idle (first time!). My son, "The Ruppster" just finished enjoying a nice ride.:scooter: