Replacing the Pull Cord...

Anyone know of or can point me to a guide or even a video on how to replace the pull cord on a DB30?

We bought it a couple days ago and today the pull cord snapped.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm no pro at this stuff, but in this case I think you'd be better off purchasing a new pull start assembly. I'm pretty sure you can buy one from Baja Motorsports.com under "Parts."

no, a piece of cord is cheaper than dirt. If it happens again you want to learn anyway.

OK, take the cover off wind it up and hold or clamp the "wheel" then tie a knot and thread the cord through like the last on was and through the hole on the cover, then slowly let it wind, then pull out a few inches and thread the handle through and tie another knot.

Actually, I know how to do that...

But, when I took it off...I'm looking at it and there is no way in hell that I can get where I need to get to tie the knot on the inside...

It was actually a .net instead of .com :)
Ya, I figured that out after I posted up the .com address.

It appears that you can purchase nearly any part for you DB on the sight. However, it's my sense from reading on this sight that the service may not be that desirable. Good luck.

Well, that hurt a little lol

I dropped it off at a mower repair shop this morning and then just called to let me know that it was done...$38.50 :)

A brand new one would have cost me $27.00

What is important though is that it is fixed :hack:

Yup :)

I'm picking up another one to try and modify a bit today. I plan on buying the kit that a member here is selling and a new motor to put on it so that I can ride with my son...

He gets pissed off that he has to take turns with me on his dirt bike haha

and the wife wants to get one and paint it Pink :)