Repopped Ruttman Serial Plates (1969-1970)

capguncowboy

A friend of mine wanted me to list/sell these for him on Ebay. I figured I'd offer them up here first. He got these when he lived in Detroit. Since moving down south, he rarely sees Ruttmans anymore and probably won't use them.

They are high-quality plates, stamped with the following serials: 18406, 18490, and 18714. If you are particular about what serial number you want, just let me know.

$22 OBO shipped from 37618

Thanks!

capguncowboy

Those are 70-73....And the numbers don't mean anything. They are mostly random on the re-pops.
After talking to John Ambrose, he said these would have been 1969-1970 -- in mid-1970, they went to a non-riveted tag that was held in place with an adhesive.

Not trying to create an argument, but I'm just going with the info he gave me.

After talking to John Ambrose, he said these would have been 1969-1970 -- in mid-1970, they went to a non-riveted tag that was held in place with an adhesive.

Not trying to create an argument, but I'm just going with the info he gave me.
70 models start to be produced in 69....just like cars. And I have seen them up to 73 models. I have never seen a real non-riveted plate..just re-pops on a frame. That was always a grey area in tagging though. They started the sticker decal end of 73 into 74. So no argument here.....cause actually Todd had those made.

CarPlayLB

My Ruttman came with a non riveted plate...actually a sticker, but it was torn. I dont do 100 point resto's so this will be perfect. Thanks Cowboy!

Surprised they are not all gone. Those are a very close coloration of the originals and if you are doing any form of restore...a must. The others offered lately are a little too dark in the colors and stand out like a sore thumb.

capguncowboy

Surprised they are not all gone. Those are a very close coloration of the originals and if you are doing any form of restore...a must. The others offered lately are a little too dark in the colors and stand out like a sore thumb.
:thumbsup:

There is a chance I will have some more very soon, but it's not a guarantee