Restomod Roper

Lon

I did an intro thread and a couple question threads, this is the build up of my Roper. I bought a Bird at a swap meet, and my friend bought this bike. I then bought it from him, when he found he had too many projects. I left the Bird as I found it, I decided to make this one nice.

Progress will be slow, I go to my parent's every other weekend when I get my kids. My tools are at their place, I can wrench here but I'm limited in my tool selection. Plans for stage one are to get it painted and running by Labor Day. We are having a motorcycle meet/memorial for one of dad's friends. We want to have three mini bikes to ride around. This week is sand blasting the frame and forks. I work at a electroplater and sandblast all day. One day after work, I will slide this into the cabinet. I will use a 5HP Briggs, with a slide barrel carb, and a clutch. For now I will use the 6" wheels. I want to eventually run 8" wheels, and a torque converter.

On to pics. I don't have many of this bike, I will try to take more as I go. First off, the Bird. No need for a build thread. I bolted in a Briggs 3HP, put on new tires and rode it. The gas tank is a 8HP Briggs, I run 19MM carbs on my bikes, requiring a separate fuel tank. Pics are the Bird as I bought it, with the gas tank, and the Roper. I have since upholstered the seat and used big zip ties to tie down gas tank.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lon

This is where it sits right now. I need to pull the swing arm, and rear tire. I want to fix all the hackery on the engine plate, that may come later. Gas tank is solid, and I will try to revive the seat without redoing it. For those interested here's a pic of the parts I use to run a 19mm carb.

Also a link to my dad's DS 80 that I modified with a 5HP Briggs, and a torque converter. It's fast, and will wheelie just looking at it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741870.100001559775312&type=1&l=1c5b10ae9c

Attachments

trinik7597

looks like the drover had a clutch guard on it !! you got a pic of the other side ?? nice project and welcome to OldMiniBikes :thumbsup:

Lon

Started paint. I still have the swing arm to do. Plan is to paint the frame red, forks black, wheels silver. We got the engine running, the carb I have is junk so I'm probably going to buy a new one.

Attachments