Rotax parts??

revo

alright so my dad had a bombardier 250 in our shed that i was really excited to take off and put on a mini or a go kart :thefinger: but when i finally got to it i realized that sum nice mice and made a nest in the motor and it was all siezed and rusted up. but i was determined to get it loose so lots of lube and bashing later i got the piston free..

anyways i need some new gaskets for it and piston rings, its an old snowmobile somewhere in the 1970's, does anyone know where i can find some piston rings for it?? i really wana get this thing running and prove to my dad that it is a good motor :thumbsup:

thanks

The engine you have is probably from a Ski-doo Elan 250. They made these sleds for many years and are still a favorite for many so there should be parts available for this engine. Search around for online ski-doo (or now called Can-Am) parts delaers and they should be able to help you. If you live in the snowbelt a local dealer should be able to order the parts for you. Dennis Kirk has the gasket set.

oldsledz

if it has a HR Tilly carb it is 1971 to 79
if it has a HL tilly carb it is 1963 to 1968
could have a Mikuni carb also 1980 and up
they also had one in 1966 with duel HL tillys

What are you doing with the rest of the sled?

revo

i looked at the carb and its a hr tilly wich makes sense cuz ino its was sumwhere in the 1970's. so if i look at new pistons and rings will they all fit if there in the 71-79 year range?? and also i see ppl selling elan 250 2 cylinder pistons will those fit also cuz i have a single cylinder. my dad was gona throw out the sled but after lookin on ebay i realized i can prolly get sum money for the parts!! :thumbsup:

and yup traxxass is the wayy to goo!!!! :thefinger: rc ruless

if it has a HR Tilly carb it is 1971 to 79
if it has a HL tilly carb it is 1963 to 1968
could have a Mikuni carb also 1980 and up
they also had one in 1966 with duel HL tillys

What are you doing with the rest of the sled?
They had a 250 with dual carbs? Was it a single cylinder? When I was a kid we had an Elan 250 that I rode every day after school. Jacket used to get covered in gas from the cards spitting back, thing was a beast would hit 50 on glare ice, LOL.

Revo is the engine you have a single cylinder?

yup i got a revo and a few savages!! revo kills the savages thoo :p

I've got a Savage I used to race around here also with a Wasp .26 in it. The thing hauls ass, but I got tired if constantly fixing the thing every time I used it. I still have it but only get it out when my the kids are around. They think its cool. Got to love the smell of nitro!!

revo

ya i have a 4.6 in one a my savages and it rippss there really fun but ya there such a pain to work on!!

and yes its a single cylinder

oldsledz

i looked at the carb and its a hr tilly wich makes sense cuz ino its was sumwhere in the 1970's. so if i look at new pistons and rings will they all fit if there in the 71-79 year range?? and also i see ppl selling elan 250 2 cylinder pistons will those fit also cuz i have a single cylinder. my dad was gona throw out the sled but after lookin on ebay i realized i can prolly get sum money for the parts!! :thumbsup:

and yup traxxass is the wayy to goo!!!! :thefinger: rc ruless

The 250 twin pistons will not work it takes 2 of the to make 250cc

here is a number for a place that may have every thing you need for a 250 elan engine 989 235-4294