Rugged set up like this, without this price?

Hello OldMiniBikes. I'm new to this forum and am planning on building a mini bike with a Honda gx160 I just picked up. I am interested in a frame (Possibly kit) like this \/ rugged, with good grip:
Gigantic Balloon Knobby Mini Bike Frame Wheel Kit | eBay
But this price ($670 (I'll pick it up since i'm local)) ($150 extra for fenders) seems very steep.
Is this a fair price for all of these components? Is there a more cost effective way to do this? Links? Mods? I will be riding my mini in light snow (Boulder, Colorado) from time to time. I only have the engine so far. Thanks!

Last edited:
Should I just craigslist it for already completed minis? Even that seems cheaper, and I'll get a back up engine out of it. What's the consensus on large tire kits? What's the best? WILL BECOME 12 MONTH SUPPORTING MEMBER IF YOU GUYS CAN DIRECT ME/ LINK PARTS TO SOMETHING GOOD :scooter:

Reading the linked topic, they list a website

That same bike kit is 599 dollars on their site. The diamond plate fenders are still 149 dollars.

Since many of the extra parts you will need are available through the OldMiniBikes Warehouse you would be well off to compare what you are paying.

At times a Heathkit Boonie, Carl Heald VT, Tote Gote, or other big-tire mini will come up for sale by a member of this site. By the time you rebuild one, or buy a nice one, the price will be comparable to that big tire mini after you finish it. Its all in the Complete Mini Bikes for sale area. Read it every day for a while and see, lots of bikes out there!

Last edited:
Reading the linked topic, they list a website

That same bike kit is 599 dollars on their site. The diamond plate fenders are still 149 dollars.

Since many of the extra parts you will need are available through the OldMiniBikes Warehouse you would be well off to compare what you are paying.

At times a Heathkit Boonie, Carl Heald VT, Tote Gote, or other big-tire mini will come up for sale by a member of this site. By the time you rebuild one, or buy a nice one, the price will be comparable to that big tire mini after you finish it. Its all in the Complete Mini Bikes for sale area. Read it every day for a while and see, lots of bikes out there!
Thank you for the help. I'll keep an eye out for one on the forum.

Watch Craigslist. All of my bikes except one came from CL.

Welcome to the site!

San Diego and Boulder, Colorado? Hmmm. Me thinks you are in the Navy... Or maybe the Marines... :shrug: