Running a HS40 non slanted intake on a slanted engine.

I'm working on a Rupp Scrambler with the slanted engine.
I have a HS40 I want to put on it but it doesn't have a slanted intake.
I'm sure I'm not the first one to do it.
What are your experiences using a non slanted intake on a slanted engine?

I'm searching for a slanted intake but haven't found one yet...

Danford1

capguncowboy

It'll run, but if you're driving down hills or on rough terrain it'll sputter. You could put a diaphragm carb on it. Those things will run in any configuration

Your bike should still have the slanted 3.5hp Tec intake..those are tough to find. I would run the 3.5hp.....if it is still there and save some dough.

I can't get the 3.5 hp to run right. It misses at mid to high rpm. I tried 3 different coils, no change. I rebuilt the carb a couple times, no change, I put a different carb on, no change. I lapped the valves and adjusted the clearance, no change. I tried 3 spark plugs, no change. I gave up.
The 4 hp runs good. I installed it tonight and it has plenty of power and speed. The carb is tilted but seems to run good. I'll keep looking for a slanted intake. Right now I can't see spending $39 for one. I need a clutch guard a lot more than I need a slanted intake...

I'll sell off the 3.5 hp engine with the slanted intake.

Danford1

I can't get the 3.5 hp to run right. It misses at mid to high rpm. I tried 3 different coils, no change. I rebuilt the carb a couple times, no change, I put a different carb on, no change. I lapped the valves and adjusted the clearance, no change. I tried 3 spark plugs, no change. I gave up.
The 4 hp runs good. I installed it tonight and it has plenty of power and speed. The carb is tilted but seems to run good. I'll keep looking for a slanted intake. Right now I can't see spending $39 for one. I need a clutch guard a lot more than I need a slanted intake...

I'll sell off the 3.5 hp engine with the slanted intake.

Danford1
The 39.00 one is probably gonna be your cheapest find . The original ones are getting few and far between . So save your money and buy mine .