Rupp C350

Im thinking of painting it a dark silver/grey and red pinstriping. w/white tec 5hp. but im not sure. Got a few questions.
1.What engine did these originally come with Tecumseh 3.5?
2. Where can i get a internal drum brake for a 5" 5/8shaft
3.Anybody got an original picture of one with the chain guard and stuff.

The rear brake is probably a Bendix brake that is what my Continental has one it, There has been a few showing up on ebay lately. Brandt with Ruppparts my have something. the C350 would of had a Tecumseh 3.5 on it original. But you could use the Briggs it lools like it fits OK.

One other thing if you would like a better ride is get the shocks that are on ebay for a moped I think thats what the seller was selling them for, and put them on the rear. there a lot better than the stock ones. But hold onto the stock shock there worth a lot of money for someone that wants original stuff. Here's a picture of them on my Continental.

It looks like it may have had a small tentioner that bolts to the engine according to the parts diagram but im not sure that it needs it. It would be easy to add at any time if thats the case.
They smashed in the tank to fit the briggs on it. I do like briggs better than tec engines but i have a 5hp tec and a 3.5 but i was planning on using the 3.5 on another bike so ill probrobly use the 5 or look for another 3.5 . Im only 150lbs so the shocks should be fine i think.
Im working on cleaning up the wheels today :)

I got it out and compared unfortunatly i was right. Its a newer model H50 from a snowblower so i guess their different. If anything it looks even bigger than the briggs. The id #'s read H50 65403V (B) 3292D

Another question the threaded sleve in the swingarm is suposed to move freely correct? Im gonna have to heat that sucker cherry to get it to budge

wow that tentioner looks pretty cheezy. Guess it doesnt take much to keep a #35 chain supported. If i make one at all ill probrobly use a lathed down roller blade wheel.

I got time to decide on the engine. I regularly take trips to the junk yard maby a smaller tec will show up.

I got the front wheel center cleaned up it looks awesome. Also I went crazy with the navel jelly on the wheel halves. One looks pretty good but the other two arnt looking so hot. Im going to try to get the rest of the rust cleaned off and probrobly clear coat them since the plating is shot. Would that be ok? But if they dont look good i guess ill have to paint them silver or somthing.

Good choice. Make a bracket and weld it to the lower swingarm with the roller wheel like the later Rupp Sprint and Digger models that used that same frame. That's what I would do. Just slot it for adjusting the chain.

Got my forks stripped and primed. I decided on the color its like a beige and im gonna spray it with duplicolr effex for a bit of sparkle. I had to paint the wheel halves they were too far gone to save the old finish. They look good. Its ok because ill have to paint the shocks and fenders too and now theyll all match.

richs

are you sure that is a c350 I thaut the c350 had the foot pegs farther back a place for a jackshaft and gastank mounts a c350 frame looks like a tt500 frame I think what you have their is one of the older continentals without the jackshaft and forward foot pegs not bustin your balls just my opinion:drinkup:
a c350 should look like this

I dont know for sure but the parts diagram on ruppparts.com says 65-66 c350 electra and custom is has the forward foot pegs and no jackshaft. See here