Rupp Continental jack shaft install.

Hey guys. Feeling like I should know the answer to this question. I received my 10" jack shaft kit from OldMiniBikes w.h. I've never installed one of these and can't make much sense of it. The kit came with 2 snap ring bearings, 2 shaft keys, 2 sprockets, 1 lock spacer, the shaft and the 2 side plates. Is there any welding involved? I don't think so or their would still be the parts welded on there. I know where the sprockets are placed. What would be the order from left to right? Bearing-side plate-frame? Or frame-side plate-bearing? Where does the spacer go? How does the side plates get locked in place so as not to slide on the shaft? I look at my bonanza js but its a bit different in the placing of things and doesn't seem to have the big ass side plates. Thanks! Couldn't find anything via search option. I'll post some pics of the bike when I get home soon.

Last edited:
After staring at it all night I figured it out. I don't even need those big ass side plates. Bearings insert right into the frame. Thanks also to minibikedude's pics.

george3

After staring at it all night I figured it out. I don't even need those big ass side plates. Bearings insert right into the frame. Thanks also to minibikedude's pics.
Continental has the jack shaft mounts. Just look at some pics. of the way the rest of the parts go on. you will need two lock collars.