rupp gas tank info.

banjo

is mounting bracket on rupp fuel tank soldered or welded to bottom of tank.also is 70 scrambler rally red the same as rupp red on snowmobile. thanks.

I was looking at mine tanks before and they look to be spot welded and then solder on the sides. I would just resolder it back on if it came off! It would be the safest route so you do not damage it.

banjo

thanks minibikedude. you're right .I found the solder while repairing seam. the mount is still attached. I was thinking somone had made a repair when I found the solder.

The seams on those tanks are also soldered be careful soldering on the tanks. I take mine after any repairs and fill them up with gasoline above the seam on the tank and let them sit overnight. Do not use water to test the tank! If you do not check them first the gas will ruin your new paint job if theres a leak! And you will have to make another repair and repaint the tank.

markus

The rupp tanks weld pretty easy, after sandblasting and thurough cleaning of the inside I had about 5-8 pinholes in various places on my tank. They welded up on a low setting on my wire feed (with gas) very easily if you choose to spot or puddle weld that bracket back on.

good luck