Rupp rear wheel adjusters

C9H13NO3

I'm on the last leg of my Scrambler project.. I have it all painted and ready to go..

I just can't figure out how these wheel adjusters work... Anyone have any detailed pics?

I've tried several different setups and the only thing I'm succeeding in doing is scratching my paint to hell.

ELT

Rotate the cam against the little nub that sticks out to push the axel back. Measure from the inside edge of the swing arm to the rim and ajust so the measurement is the same on both sides of the wheel so the wheel runs straight. tighten the axel nut to lock it up.

I have the off-center big washer looking chain adjusters on my Rupp. I think they are stock. I basically just use a big screwdriver and pry against the axle nut to move the “tab” on the adjuster. This pushes the axle back (because the chain adjusters are off-centered) against the swing arm notched “tabs” to tighten the chain.

No sure if this helps, my terminology is not to exact….. I could get some pics tonight if they are still needed.

C9H13NO3

I have the off-center big washer looking chain adjusters on my Rupp. I think they are stock. I basically just use a big screwdriver and pry against the axle nut to move the “tab” on the adjuster. This pushes the axle back (because the chain adjusters are off-centered) against the swing arm notched “tabs” to tighten the chain.

No sure if this helps, my terminology is not to exact….. I could get some pics tonight if they are still needed.
Perfect. I have this build 99% done now.

Thanks hopefully they’ll fit from a 69 I was looking specifically for 70. Figured they’d list it if it fit a 70. Will give it a try though. Much appreciated