Rupp... something?

I just recently picked this up. I don't have much of any experience with Rupps and I'm not sure exactly how to tell what model and/or year. There are no numbers on the frame, at least that I can find. Also, from other pictures I've seen, they all seem to have black motors. This one is white, which is unusual, but the guy claimed he bought this new, when he was a kid, and that's the original motor. Is that possible? Thanks for any help!

Jamie1972

1972 Roadster 2......Engine is a 4hp. (Which is correct HP for the model) wrong color, prob. Came off a bike like a Fox or something else with a slant engine plate. Rear fender looks wrong? Wheels look Excellent! Clean them and preserve with carnauba wax.!
Nice bike..! You'll enjoy it:thumbsup:

Serial tag is under the seat cover under the foam. If you unsnap the left side of the seat cover and lift up cover and foam it should be right there towards the front.

capguncowboy

Yes, it's a Rupp Roadster 2. The rear fender looks pretty standard to me. The shroud with the flag decal isn't correct, but the engine might be. If it's lighted, there is a good chance that the old one was cracked or dented and someone just swapped out the shroud. Measure the crank and you'll know for sure. Rupp engines had a longer crank (3") than standard engines (2-3/8").

As Karl said, look under the seat foam for a serial tag. If the bike has been repainted, that'll be the only real way to figure out the exact year.

Looks like a decent bike in good rider condition. Clean her up and letter' rip!