Rupp Turbine Wheels?

Hounddog

I just picked up four rupp turbine wheels and extra parts. I am not as familiar with these wheels as I should be. I have three wheel types. Could someone clue me in on what I have. One is obviously a rear wheel with sprocket mounting posts. One appears to be a front wheel, it has center aluminum double sided turbine with two outside chrome rings attached? The other two have bolt holes for the center drum? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks HD

Attachments

Hounddog

They look like Rupp Kart wheels. Are they 5" or 6"?

The center hub in the drive wheel is for a brake.

They are 6" wheels. I did get them from a vintage karting guy, but he stated they were Rupp Turbine mini bike wheels. They do not appear to be kart wheels to me? I appreciate the help......

capguncowboy

If they're 6", then they were used on 69 bikes and maybe more. The first pic looks like the drive wheel on a 69 Roadster

The other wheel with a drum in it would have been the front from the same year

The others might have been the front wheels off of a Banchi, or another Rupp model, since they didn't have brakes built into them

Hounddog

Thanks Cowboy, I think you are right. The two wheels might also be early 66-67 rear wheels to....Thanks again:thumbsup: HD