Sachs / Saxonette (Arctic Cat Whisker - Rebuild) won't start- Please Help !

Ok had the Arctic Cat Whisker running 'till the pull start went then it was buried in the back of my shed... Now she's back on my workbench as my son (now 9) asked if it'll run ?

Here's what I've done so far :

1. removed all old gas from tank
2. removed & cleaned carb (Bing 1/12/1670) used carb cleaner followed by Sonic Jewelry machine
3. new spark plug NGK7BH gapped to 35

I found on another post that someone said there should be a head gasket at the top but looking at parts photo doesn't show a gasket at the top only the bottom.

A compression check shows 80-85 with throttle cranked open

I have no idea how to set the screw (with spring) & jet (brass ) on the carb

1 of the studs that holds the reed valve is cross threaded & will need to be addrerssed ( 1 step forward 2 steps back)

Finally each attempt to ressessatate her I've been using a cordless drill (in reverse counterclockwise) I'll revisit the pull start later.

My goal (our goal - he's helping me out with this) is to make it a rider for now however if parts become too hard to come by might just swap out the engine - last resort.

Oops ! I realized I posted in the wrong section ... I will post this under engines & hopefully (fingers crossed) you'll see a completed project on this site. Cheers !