sand drag bike

I'd like to see it if you do build it. We got a hot spot for sand drags a couple hours from here in Michigan. Its a cool sport

Ok here would be my concern.

My 40hp cr125 was a complete dog in the sand with a paddle tire.

And I had that guy geared for the sand.

So I would think that you may have some issues but good luck :thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

Ok here would be my concern.

My 40hp cr125 was a complete dog in the sand with a paddle tire.

And I had that guy geared for the sand.

So I would think that you may have some issues but good luck :thumbsup:
thats what I was thinking too, sand dragging takes a lot more torque and power to get moving since your basically shoveling the sand with a paddle tire..not to mention sand chews up everything it gets into (bearings, chain, ect)

For an egine I would use a modded Honda GX390 with a TAV, but that is just me. :shrug:
i was thinkin more along the lines of building a hopped up briggs big block v twin and build the frame around the motor. and im thinkin floation is gonna be a big concern. basically trying to move across the top instead of just digging in. and front traction was my worry, i dont want the front tire shit whippin me to the ground:no:

Neck

Growing up is optional
My 50hp 500cc Maico with 9 scoop paddle tire was an absolute BLAST in the sand dunes! But you had to keep it on the pipe, there was no letting it lug down, and boy did it get hot fast!

yeah the big difference in this and a dirtbike tire is width. if i run the tire im planning to (20x11-8) ill have a section width of 10.2 inches. alooot wider than a dirtbike tire. the theory is to sit on top of the sand instead of digging in.