Saxonette recoil /attex-coleman sport 2.40

I picked up a attex sport 2.40, having a problem with recoil. Seems to be all there , brake pads look very good but, but onced pulled it fails to recoil itself, could it be the spring or ? WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?

Attachments

The recoil of the FOX Sundowner works fine as is. I don't want to take apart the Sundowner recoil not knowing for sure how to reinstall the spring correctly.

The Coleman recoil does has a problem it won't recoil back to starting position, Is there a special way to install the recoil spring? The spring exploded out when I took it apart, not sure if I put it back the way it supposed to be.
I ATTACHED PICTURES OF SPRING on how I think its supposed to be install.
Is the spring supposed to be lubricanted?

MB165

clean and lube the spring with oil. sometimes the old oil gets dry and drags, wont allow the spring to recoil, or recoils slowly

Yours seems to look fine. My spring was broke so I ordered a new remanned (stronger) one from Robert Fragoman and it works great now. Robert also has the full exploded view of the recoil assembly along with a bunch of other parts for those bikes so just email him if you want the info.

One of my favorite bikes to ride BTW!

Forgot to mention:

Sometimes the brake pucks come unglued (one of mine was) but I used an epoxy glue and put it back on and it works great. Robert has those too but I didn't need it.